Birth Stories

Hypnobirthing?

I had DS without medication, but would like to try Hypnobirthing this time.  Unfortunately, I don't believe we will be able to get into a class. Is there a way to get information and learn techniques without taking a class?

TIA

Re: Hypnobirthing?

• I ordered the book on Amazon and just started reading it. It comes with a CD too but I haven't used it yet. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FtrMrsCFtrMrsC member
    I also think that you should order and read the book if you can't attend classes.  Our class was only once a week for 5 weeks but if you can't fit it it, read up!  The most important thing is to make sure you practice the techniques every day.  The book should come with a CD, I listened to it before bed each night. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you can't get in on one of the classes, try setting up a private session or two with the instructor.  It may be a little more expensive but the one on one might be worth it. 

When I took a 2-hour intro class with Marie Mongan (HypnoBirthing's founder), I believe she said many women had success with the book and tapes (yea, dating myself here), but she's a good resource because she knows everyone who's certified in your area so if you can't get in with one class/instructor, you might be able to get in with another.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"