Pregnant after 35

ugh ... cvs this morning ... not pleasant

had a transabdominal ... i jumped when the needle got close, and shot it off course.  redirecting caused it to be longer and a bit more involved than normal.

anyway, home now, feeling ok.  will have the FISH results tomorrow, and the full panel in a week.

on another note, i was recruited for a research study that involves women getting cvs or amnio.  apparently scientists have been able to identify enough baby genetic material in the mother's blood to be able to do the same diagnostic genetic tests as cvs or amnio.  the fda evaluates the study results every 500 specimens, and so far they are 100%.  so ... if this pans out, women can opt for a simple blood test very early in pregnancy to get the same results as a cvs or amnio and those, plus the whole quad screen/nt tests, bla bla bla will be a thing of the past.  very exciting.  i gave up some blood so that other mother's may not need to have an effen needle through the belly. 

Re: ugh ... cvs this morning ... not pleasant

• Good luck on your results!  Cool about the blood test!  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Good luck.  You are lucky to be having your results so soon!  I also had the blood test when I had my CVS last month.  Pretty cool.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My Dr. told me there's 1-1.5% risk of miscarriage on CVS. I'm 41 and almost 10 weeks. We have to make decision soon of what we should do. What do you think about CVS? Please share more experience with me. Thanks
  • imageLebee2512:
    My Dr. told me there's 1-1.5% risk of miscarriage on CVS. I'm 41 and almost 10 weeks. We have to make decision soon of what we should do. What do you think about CVS? Please share more experience with me. Thanks

i had a cvs with my son as well.  and thought it was worth doing again.  while it is NOT pleasant ... we needed the peace of mind that came with diagnostic tests (as opposed to screening tests).  another thing is that we are very sure what we would do with not so good results ... and would want to have the option as early as possible.  in the end, it's really what you are comfortable with.  if you do the quad screen and your numbers come back that you are good with ... then maybe you don't want to go the cvs route.  but really, only you can decide what to do.  also, while the cvs is not fun, it is over pretty quickly ... 

• Good luck with everything!  Wow!  That's pretty cool!  Thanks for doing that for all of us!  Smile
    ChristinaH811 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"