Upstate NY Babies
Options

Did/Does your LO love their mobile?

We are transitioning Vin into his crib...gah. We would like to get a mobile for him that has music and projection...any recs?

He loves looking up and watching pretty much anything and white noise/music/tv is a soother for him.

Thanks Mamas!

Re: Did/Does your LO love their mobile?

• Options

We have this one and R LOVED it! I actually had to wean him off of it a few months ago! haha We now use a frog that projects stars and a moon. He was getting to the point where he would wake up in the middle of the night and turn it on....it was pretty bright for 2am. We took the mobile part off once he would stand. I highly recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Projection-Mobile/dp/B001GQ2SA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307473193&sr=8-1

• Options

Ooohhh....that looks nice! Love the remote control with it!  I will def check it out, thank you!!

That's so funny your LO would wake up to turn it on, haha! Little smarty pants wanted some 2 am entertainment, huh?  Love it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Evan was never too into his... but we just had the basic one that came w/ his crib bedding. It just wound up and played some lullaby.

He does have this musical fish tank, which he loves. You can have the lights on or off, and it plays both music and an ocean sound. Plus it came w/ a remote to turn it back on (it plays for about 15-20min) which was great when he was little and would wake up or when we did some sleep training and I didn't want to go in the room. 

He's attached to it, and I have to bring it to my parents house when he sleeps over there!

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

We have this one, too and to be honest, it's one thing I think we really didn't end up needing.  We never really used it and by the time we did I was afraid she would see it as more of a toy for playtime than anything.  I think if you plan on using it this young though it would be ok.  It's definitely a nice one!

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    We have the same one as June4 (at her rec, thanks S!) and Charlotte seems to enjoy it. I usually turn it on as I give her her last bottle so there is a little light (because I turn everything else off). Now I think it may be a little bright and I want to take the mobile part off, but it has been a delicate balancing act with our nighttime routine - mobile, seahorse, white noise... oh boy.
    image        image
  • Options
    L was never into it ( we did transition him to his crib at 7m though) but he LOVED his FP seahorse...still does...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ya she loved it - once she could grab it and rip it down.  Then it was tons of fun!

We do have the baby crack machine - https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=14643125&

We used it for the white noise forever and at about 15 months started using the projection (not sure why we waited).  She likes it, or at least cries if I forget to turn it on.

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

We have this one and R LOVED it! I actually had to wean him off of it a few months ago! haha We now use a frog that projects stars and a moon. He was getting to the point where he would wake up in the middle of the night and turn it on....it was pretty bright for 2am. We took the mobile part off once he would stand. I highly recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Projection-Mobile/dp/B001GQ2SA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307473193&sr=8-1

We have this one too.  The projection with the mobile attached is too bright for him to fall asleep to.  So,  the must-have in our house at bedtime is the seahorse.  It puts him to sleep much better than the mobile.  He just stares at the glowing belly and zones out. 

We do use the projection with the mobile first thing in the morning.  He'll happily lay in the crib for 20-30 minutes after waking up having a nice conversation with it.

And, yes, he also hits the button to turn the mobile on sometimes during the night or the morning.   

• Options

imageabba916:
    L was never into it ( we did transition him to his crib at 7m though) but he LOVED his FP seahorse...still does...

My friend's one year old son loves that seahorse too!  She said it was a must-have for my registry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That seahorse made R cry. He hated the music and if he hit it during the night it would turn on and wake him up.  It is stuffed in the bottom of the bin in the play room!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"