LGBT Parenting
Options

Picking a gyn. Vent.

Who knew this could be so complicated?  I am usually pretty picky about my doctors and their reviews.  The last gyn I went to I didn't really like (her staff struggled a lot with the concept that I was in a relationship with a woman and therefore really. not. pregnant.)  DW convinced me I should give another doc a go given this past.  Enter frantic search for doc...known lesbian-friendly, takes my insurance, good location, refers to the RE we want (I didn't even know this would be an issue until today!  %=*= HMO b@stards.)  Yeah, pick one of those and I might have a shot.  Then scheduling an appointment.    They offer one random time in the middle of a Tuesday (for example).  DW wants to come with me, so this is extremely difficult.  I'm up to three appointments and I don't like any of them or know which to cancel.  ARGH.  This was supposed to be the easy part!!   

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
IVF Oct/Nov 2012
Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
Cautiously optimistic.

Re: Picking a gyn. Vent.

• Options

Oh I hate trying to find medical professionals. Especially OB/GYNs. At least you know the RE you want-- that takes a little pressure off the GYN part, right (or are you trying to find someone who will also serve as your OB)?

We switched OBs when I was pregnant, and even though it was difficult (and a little scary) to be switching at that point, it was a great decision and we were ultimately very happy with the practice.

GL!!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

Thanks!  My primary care dt actually said she'd give the referral, so I am calmer about it now!

I don't really know at this point whe ther I'd stick with this doctor or not.  I think the idea of being pregnant still seems like a dream.  :)  So we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a really good one but they are in Morris County so a little far for you. ( I would assume around 45min - 1 hr)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer.  Unfortunately you're right, that's a bit far for us.  We'll see if I'm singing a different tune after my appointment with the doctor I picked.  ;)  
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"