May 2011 Moms

FFFC!

It's that time again...

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart

Re: FFFC!

• I don't care what your religious/cultural/moral beliefs are. If you choose to not treat your child for simple illness which can be deadly due to any of the above, you're an a$$hole and shouldn't be allowed to care for your children.

(this is more of an U/O but we skipped that yesterday) 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• I use a paci, I co-sleep (on occasion), I let LO cry for a few minutes when I'm trying to do something, and I let her sleep on her side and tummy if she is comfy that way. IDC she is doing well were smart about it and keep a close eye on her.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Eliza sleeps with me every single night.

Also, last night during tummy time I let her get pretty fussy before picking her up because she has rolled over a couple times and I wanted it on video. She didn't roll when the camera was on her.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I have never seen Dirty Dancing.
  • Yesterday I opted for a bad latch over no latch at all.  BF is tough.
  • I'm so worn out from being alone with my kids that I can't keep track of time and am forgetting what time they need a diaper change or to get fed.  I'm lucky my toddler knows how to ask for food when he's hungry and of course I can't ignore the baby when she's hungry.

My toddler's nap is also one of my favorite times of the day!

• imagepandi02a:
    I have never seen Dirty Dancing.

This deserves flames!!

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• imagescaneiki:

AMEN!!

Mine really is flame worthy, i have been the worst dog owner this last month. I find myself using her as the scapegoat for my frustration since I can't yell and scream at DH, dd or DS.  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagescaneiki:

This. It makes me feel bad to say that but once I know he's down I sigh with relief and excitement for the 2 hours I will have alone with just the little guy. Toddlers make babies seem easy IMO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • These are making me laugh --- I can relate to and agree with all of them so far (except for the toddler-related ones since LO is my first).   

My own:

#1: I really need to wean myself and LO from the use of the nipple shield that I've been using since he was 24 hours old, due to serious nipple trauma.  But I'm scared, and don't have the guts to try it without.  Even though I know that the longer we use it, the harder it's going to be to wean.  

#2: I'm really tired of people bringing meals.  I'm tired of taking phone calls, wondering what time someone is going to stop by with a meal, and we have so.much.food in our fridge, I now need to clean out the fridge and throw away a bunch of stuff.  I know this is completely flame-worthy, but we've had meals brought in (from our church friends) for the past 3 weeks and people are signed up for 2 more weeks.  I'm just tired of dealing with it, and would prefer to eat PB & J several nights per week than deal with this any longer. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have another. I put my little girl in an ugly shirt today. It was clean and it fits her. She spit up all over the one I had her in earlier so now she's wearing a shirt with a princess cat on the front with the saying "Purrrfect princess" Ick! Its not even a cute cat. Its one that they tried to make look like a real cat. SO UGLY!

I'm glad my daughter doesn't know she's in an ugly shirt.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • imagemeimsx:

I have another. I put my little girl in an ugly shirt today. It was clean and it fits her. She spit up all over the one I had her in earlier so now she's wearing a shirt with a princess cat on the front with the saying "Purrrfect princess" Ick! Its not even a cute cat. Its one that they tried to make look like a real cat. SO UGLY!

this cracks me up :)

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeimsx:

I have another. I put my little girl in an ugly shirt today. It was clean and it fits her. She spit up all over the one I had her in earlier so now she's wearing a shirt with a princess cat on the front with the saying "Purrrfect princess" Ick! Its not even a cute cat. Its one that they tried to make look like a real cat. SO UGLY!

My daughter is in some of her brother's clothes today Embarrassed and its ugly stuff that we were given.  She's often in boy's clothes

• My FFFC is none baby-related:

I wanna do the happy dance and shout at the top of my lungs how grateful/excited/ happy I am that my principal just got demoted to an elementary school.  She has only been the principal at my school for one year (I have been there for 7). 

Last year she tried to make me pump in the bathroom and tried to dock my pay for pumping.  Needless to say after pumping in her designated area/ at her time for a week and being walked in on by five students I stopped pumping at work.  I am excited and hopefuly that whoever we get will let me pump at work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageZTAsunshine:

My FFFC is none baby-related:

I wanna do the happy dance and shout at the top of my lungs how grateful/excited/ happy I am that my principal just got demoted to an elementary school.  She has only been the principal at my school for one year (I have been there for 7). 

Last year she tried to make me pump in the bathroom and tried to dock my pay for pumping.  Needless to say after pumping in her designated area/ at her time for a week and being walked in on by five students I stopped pumping at work.  I am excited and hopefuly that whoever we get will let me pump at work.

What a b!tch. I'm happy for you. Let us know how it goes.

Meimsx no more
  • imagemeimsx:

We returned quite a few ugly outfits that we received as gifts....  And I really didn't feel bad about it.

• Dee and I are still rockin' our PJ's right now. I have no plans on changing anytime soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageAmyO.:
    imagemeimsx:

We returned quite a few ugly outfits that we received as gifts....  And I really didn't feel bad about it.

Oh I totally did too. No bad feelings at all about that. This was a hand me down. This is the first and probably last time she will wear it.

Meimsx no more
  • I took a whole bunch of fugly outfits back! I would never dress C in some of the outfits, so why not get things I will dress her in?

I started back to work today, only a half day. I loved it. I'm not cut out to be a SAHM. Mad props to those of you that are. Next week I work two full days and I am looking forward to it.  I promise I love my kid! (you can flame this one; I feel terrible)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehvonbevern:

I took a whole bunch of fugly outfits back! I would never dress C in some of the outfits, so why not get things I will dress her in?

I started back to work today, only a half day. I loved it. I'm not cut out to be a SAHM. Mad props to those of you that are. Next week I work two full days and I am looking forward to it.  I promise I love my kid! (you can flame this one; I feel terrible)

ive been back to work since he was 5 weeks... the bad part is is that i work on saturdays and sundays 16 hours each day. so he goes to the baby sitter

• I lie about my husbands occupation when asked.  

Here's why...  

People assume I married him for money... Which is SOOO ridiculous. We don't have the money people think! 

Yes, DH is in a band. But we aren't Metallica, Kiss, Ozzy, Motley Crue status. They are swimming in dough and will for the rest of their lives. However, if you're not HUGE like they are- you really don't make that much. 

We are not rich at all. We live in a three bedroom townhouse and drive Honda's! We don't have a maid, nanny, or eat out all the time either. I do all the cooking and cleaning  and we have to watch our budget just like every other middle class american family. 

If I wanted to marry money- my DH was a poor choice!

Now onto the baby things-

1. We co- sleep. Hard not to when she seems to sleep so much better in bed with us!

2. I let her hang out in sleepers most of the day because our house gets chilly.

3. I lets the dogs snuggle up to her occasionally!

4. I've taken her out in public plenty of times in spite of the recommended 8 weeks.

5. I let her cry a minute or two while I'm trying to finish something up.

6. I don't bathe her every day- more like every other day!

That is all.  

• imagecalm_angel_2003:
    imagehvonbevern:

I took a whole bunch of fugly outfits back! I would never dress C in some of the outfits, so why not get things I will dress her in?

ive been back to work since he was 5 weeks... the bad part is is that i work on saturdays and sundays 16 hours each day. so he goes to the baby sitter

My job will require weekends too, starting July 1. C is going to think her daycare providers are her mommies :( 

• All of your FFFC's reminded me of a few of my own.

I'm using a nipple shield and I don't care if we have to use it for the next year as long as it lessens the bf-ing pain (I'll buy 20 of them if I have to, to make sure I always have one).

My cat died a couple of weeks ago after a long terminal illness and while I cried and was sad, I am ultimately relieved that I don't have a special needs cat to take care of in addition to a newborn. My other cat is so annoying and clingy and always tries to step on the baby to get close to me, so I'm trying to give her attention, but it is so hard. I feel like I have a baby or a cat attached to me constantly.

LO is wearing an ugly outfit. I underestimated how long he would stay in newborn clothes, so most of what we have is gifts or hand me downs and I think most of it is ugly (and I repeatedly dress him in the few cute outfits when we go out or I take pictures).

• I want to punch DH when he snores at night while the babies are crying.

I'm really nosy and want to know what band saramae's DH is in.

I'm so sick of pumping. I'm going to keep doing it as long as I can but I have moved from every 3 hours to every four and my daily output is the same.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeveram01:
    I want to punch DH when he snores at night while the babies are crying.

I'm so sick of pumping. I'm going to keep doing it as long as I can but I have moved from every 3 hours to every four and my daily output is the same.

I made DH look at his pictures off of her blog because he pretty much knows everything and everyone when it comes to modern music. He failed. 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• darmcadarmca member
    At almost 3 weeks old I already feel like I am neglecting my child. When I first brought him home from the hospital the second he cried I dropped everything and ran. Now I let him cry for probably up to a minute (which feels like forever) and finish what I am doing, get myself a drink to have beside me while I nurse him etc. I know it's only a minute but letting him cry makes me feel like a terrible mother- on the other hand when I dropped everything and ran I never got anything done and got dehydrated.
  • imageeveram01:

Ditto.

I'm averaging half an ounce per session. That's both sides combined, 20 minutes each. And that's triple what I was getting the first couple weeks. But he's eating almost 4 oz every 3 hours.Yip skip.

The process doesn't really bother me. It's everything I'm not getting done while I'm pumping. Especially in terms of interacting with LO. I find it hard to believe that this is more valuable to him than tummy time, for example. Or just holding him when he's alert. And that's got to just get worse when he's ready for toys.

• I am still using a nipple shield and IDGAF. BF is super duper easy for me with it, so why mess with a good thing? I will worry about weaning him off it later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I finally trimmed up my nether regions today and I'm not sure I'll let DH see it. He's not getting any for at least another 10 days... and I'm terrified that it's going to hurt.

I had no intentions of co-sleeping, but now it's pretty much a nightly occurrence. I just bought a bed rail yesterday so I can stop worrying about Owen rolling out on me (even though he hasn't rolled yet).

• imageHeather & Nayt:
    imagescaneiki:

AMEN!!

Mine really is flame worthy, i have been the worst dog owner this last month. I find myself using her as the scapegoat for my frustration since I can't yell and scream at DH, dd or DS.  

I second this...my dog was my baby before I  had my real baby. I love him so much, but ever since giving birth, I just dont have the energy to give him as much attention as I did before. I feel bad but what can ya do?

• imageNothingLikeBarbie:
    imageHeather & Nayt:
    imagescaneiki:

AMEN!!

I second this...my dog was my baby before I  had my real baby. I love him so much, but ever since giving birth, I just dont have the energy to give him as much attention as I did before. I feel bad but what can ya do?

Baby is 2 weeks old and we have only walked the pups once since we've been home and it wasn't nearly as long as before LO was born (it was a hot day and we obviously had to take LO along.) Today DH washed the dogs and brought them inside and they met the baby. They only stayed inside a few hrs, I still really feel like a crap pet owner.
    imageimage
  • imageMrsSparklebottom:
    I don't burp my baby after he side-lie nurses.

Neither do I...but his man farts in his sleep wake me up.

Photobucket
  • imagetheaustins05:
    imageNothingLikeBarbie:
    imageHeather & Nayt:
    imagescaneiki:

AMEN!!

Baby is 2 weeks old and we have only walked the pups once since we've been home and it wasn't nearly as long as before LO was born (it was a hot day and we obviously had to take LO along.) Today DH washed the dogs and brought them inside and they met the baby. They only stayed inside a few hrs, I still really feel like a crap pet owner.

I feel ya. Especially last night, my dog brought his toy over to play, I ignored it cus I was busy, so he dropped the toy next to my chair and left the room to go pout somewhere. I felt so guilty! He was so spoiled before.

• I'm getting 8 hours of sleep a night.  I feed LO at midnight, she sleeps until 4:30, then until 7:30, and then we both sleep until 9:30.
  • imagekerrbear72:

imageeveram01:

I made DH look at his pictures off of her blog because he pretty much knows everything and everyone when it comes to modern music. He failed. 

DH plays bass in Drowning Pool.
  • imagesaramae87:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageeveram01:

Very cool.

imageimage
  • imagekerrbear72:

imageeveram01:

I guessed after she talked about him leaving for their tour. My FFFC is I felt pretty cool for figuring it out, then DH burst my bubble when he told me he got to hang out with them after a show a few years ago.

natural miscarriage 11/17/08 @ roughly 4 weeks
    natural miscarriage 4/11/10 @ 9 weeks 4 days
    our miracle, Cecilia Mae, born 5/22/11
    Photobucket
  • imagetheaustins05:
    imagesaramae87:
    imagekerrbear72:

imageeveram01:

Very cool.

Definitely very cool!!

• the only thing keeping me breastfeeding right now is that i want to get to a certain weight and the fact that it is free.  i use this as my pep talk every time we nurse.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hate the use of "LO" around here. I don't know if it picked up in the time since I left the month boards, or if I'm just noticing it more now.  It drives me nuts. "Little one." Hmmmm.  Not sure why, it just does.

Even DD and DS bug me out, but at least the son/daughter reference is there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"