Childless not by choice

Gaining (and now trying to lose) IF weight?

Kristy's post got me thinking -

Have you gained weight over the last couple (several) years of ttc, IF, etc? I know I put on about 20 pounds of preg, m/c, IVF, depression weight in the last 3 years and last month finally decided I've got to get serious about all that weight.

Are you fighting baby weight (minus the baby of course)? What's helping? Anyone doing any specific programs? Would love some accountablility. I mostly lurk on the H&F board but some of them intimidate the crap outta me!

Re: Gaining (and now trying to lose) IF weight?

• I was thinking about this more when I couldn't get to sleep last night.  I've gained 25 lbs in the last 4 years.  Probably more since we started ttc almost 7 years ago. 

I know the best thing and really the only thing that works for me is to cut carbs big time.  But, I don't want to Crying  I like bread, cake and cookies.  For right now I'm going to focus on eating more fruits and veggies.  I'll work on cutting the "bad" stuff out later.  Being more active would be good too, but it seems like every time I start an exercise program I end up hurt.

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • I gained a lot of weight while TTC. The combination of drugs, surgeries, bed rests, emotional eating, etc. really did a number on me. Two websites have absolutely changed my life:

https://www.bodyrock.tv

https://www.sparkpeople.com

Lost it all and gained a lot of muscle. Plus it's easy and fun. Our former RE also put us on a clean, low-meat, organic diet that we still follow because it makes me feel better too. 

• Loading the player...
  • I lost some weight I gained in college a few years ago following Weight Watchers. It helped me re-learn portion control which was my main problem.

Since then I just try to eat a balanced diet and we minimize processed foods. Working out was (and still is) my saving grace regarding IF. It helps me stay balanced emotionally and there isn't anything better after a hard day than hitting the gym and sweating it out. My advice is to find something you enjoy and something you will stick with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrshoppy_1231:

I lost some weight I gained in college a few years ago following Weight Watchers. It helped me re-learn portion control which was my main problem.

Since then I just try to eat a balanced diet and we minimize processed foods. Working out was (and still is) my saving grace regarding IF. It helps me stay balanced emotionally and there isn't anything better after a hard day than hitting the gym and sweating it out. My advice is to find something you enjoy and something you will stick with.

This is what I've got to get back to. I've always done yoga but got lazy about everything else (and even the yoga I tended to go easy on). I''m currently doing the C25K program and scheduled to do a half marathon relay with DH in Virginia Beach this labor day weekend.

On my 'off' training days I do P90X or yoga.

• I gained about 20 lbs with IF, but especially the miscarriages.  Add on to that another 15 I put on before the whole mess started, and I was basically a sow as of last December.

I've lost 30 since then.  I live really close to work, so I started walking to and from everyday.  I cut out all alcohol (I know, I know, it does sort of suck in social situations, but otherwise, I really haven't missed it) and started paying more attention to portion control.  I lost 20 doing that.  So then I started to get serious about actually working out and started doing this MMA program my DH does.  And I lost another 10 lbs from that...with the bonus of feeling I could actually kick someone's ass!

"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
  • imagesulfababy:

WOW.  If the chick on that website isn't motivation, I don't know what is!  Holy crap.

In our year + of IUIs, IVF, drugs, etc., etc. I've gained 7-10 lbs.  That doesn't exactly sound like much but I basically haven't been able to wear pants in forever.  Its horrible and I feel awful about the way I look.  I just recently (like within the past couple of weeks after our hail mary iui) decided I'm going to tell IF to eff off by making my body the best I can.  I've hired a trainer who I'm working out with three times a week and then on my own the other days.  I told him I want to look like a fitness competitor but softer.  That way, if I don't I'll look like I didn't work hard enough.  Kind of sounds coo-coo when I read that back :) but I have to be intense about it or it won't happen.

And you watch.  I'll totally change my body to the way I want and then I'll end up with a surprise bfp to just screw up my body again.  Because that's the way IF works.....just screwing with us.

TTC since May 2009 - DOR (ovarian cancer) DE w RBA December 2011 - transferred one embryo 12/14 - three frosties Beta #1 - 129 (12/22) Beta #2 - ? (12/26)
  • imageaebaby:
    imagesulfababy:

WOW.  If the chick on that website isn't motivation, I don't know what is!  Holy crap.

Haha yep, she looks awesome. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"