Back from Sesame Place — The Bump
Upstate NY Babies

Back from Sesame Place

Just noticed there are about 2 pages of posts I've missed....wow!  

We had a great trip!  We stayed in Princeton, NJ.  Loved it there!  And we spent two days at the park.  I was a little nervous the first day that Justin wasn't going to like it.  We saw a show with all the characters when we first arrived and Justin hated it.  However, the next day we went to a character lunch and he warmed up to all of them.  The park is a great size....not too big and not too small.  The kids were a little young to do everything but they still had a great time.  It definitely was not relaxing for my dh and I, as we spent the whole time chasing after the boys (of course).  However, we knew that it would be that kind of trip.  There were several times I wished I would have had a harness for them.  I kept having these horrible thoughts of losing them.  Basically my dh followed one of the boys around and I followed the other.  We rented a double stroller the first day but Dylan would NOT get in it so we either had to chase him around or hold him the whole day.  The next day we brought our umbrella stroller and he was much better in that.  So, I would definitely recommend Sesame Place to anyone.  We realized though that we would not take our boys to a larger park like Disney until they are a lot older.  We don't think it would be worth it to take them at such a young age.  

If anyone is planning a trip there and has any questions let me know!  There are definitely things we would do differently or things we're glad that we did that I could share with you.

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Back from Sesame Place

• So glad you had fun!

How long was your entire trip....like did you do days at other places nearby, or just drive down, sesame place, drive back?  I am hoping to convince dh to go in late august, but due to our work schedules, we'll have 3.5-4 days off.

How old are the boys now?  DD would be a couple weeks shy of 2 yrs old.

What hotel did you stay at in Princeton?

• The pics look so cute!! Glad you had a good time!
  • We are thinking about going also. DD1 is 3 and 1/2, DD2 is almost 1. Worth it? How far was Princeton from the park? I'd also like to know about your hotel. And, how long did it take to see the whole park? Oh, and if you did any other activities while there I'd love to hear about them! Thanks!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing.  I really wanted to take the kids this year, but I am super worried about them sleeping in a hotel because they never have and don't "travel well" in that sense.  Now I am thinking maybe next year will really be better all around.  Glad you had fun!  I don't call them vacations anymore when the kids are there.  Just trips :)
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • image jnk062602:

So glad you had fun!

How long was your entire trip....like did you do days at other places nearby, or just drive down, sesame place, drive back?  I am hoping to convince dh to go in late august, but due to our work schedules, we'll have 3.5-4 days off.

How old are the boys now?  DD would be a couple weeks shy of 2 yrs old.

What hotel did you stay at in Princeton?

We left on a Sunday and came back on Wednesday.  We went to Sesame Place on Monday and Tuesday.  We really could have spent another day there but even two days was good for the park.  Justin turned 3 on Monday and Dylan is 17 months. As I said, there were some things the kids were too small to do but the park has so much for all ages that they were busy the whole time.  And I think Justin could have done more but he can be a little nervous at times with new things.  

We stayed at Hyatt Place in Princeton.  Loved it there!!  The room was set up sort of like a suite instead of one big room.  It was so convenient for having children.  There was a kitchenette(sp?) with fridge so I was able to wash sippy cups and such.  And the another thing I loved was that the bathroom sink and vanity was outside of the bathroom so one of us could be getting ready while the other was showering.  We did a package deal (Sesame Place and the hotel) so I'm not sure if all the rooms are like this.  And the staff there was SO friendly!!!! The also have a continental breakfast each morning....food wasn't fantastic but it's just breakfast stuff so no big deal. The only bad thing I can say was that we found a few small ants in our room.  To be honest though, I was just happy I didn't find any bedbugs when we arrived....haha.  I get so nervous avout that whenever we travel.  I can deal with a few tiny ants.  

We didn't have a lot of time to do much else.  By the time we got back from the park we got showered and went out to eat.  And then it was time for the boys to go to bed.  We drove through Princeton a few times where the college is located. I would have liked to do some stuff there if it was just me and my dh.  It's such a cute town.  Oh, and the park was about 20 minutes from the hotel.  It was nice because the boys got their naps driving to and from.  I was so worried about the nap schedule!  It all worked out though.  And I was surprised how well the boys traveled.  A DVD player is a must for the car as far as I'm concerned.

• I thought of something else.  We decided to spend one day doing the rides and activities and the next day doing the lunch and water stuff.  I would highly suggest having your LO's wear their swimsuits right to the park so you don't have to change them there.  We did that and it worked out great.  My dh and I got a locker and we changed at the park.  And I mentioned before that we rented a stroller the first day. It would have been great if Dylan would have sat in it but he hated it. It's plastic so probably not very comfortable and definitely not something for sleeping.  We saw more people who just brought their own strollers.  It's just hard if you're limited on what you can pack in the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards