Postpartum Depression
Options

Need your advice

Hi all.

I am 5 weeks PP and I've just finished reading PPD in plain English and think I may actually have PPD although I haven't admitted it to myself. I'm irritated and have no patience. I have lost the connection to my 4 y/o daughter and husband and I cry if HM raises his voice or changes his tone. This is not like me. I told myself it was just the blues, but I am not getting any better.

My 6 week PP check up is the 22nd of June. Do I wait until then or go in earlier?

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need your advice

• Options

I'm sorry you are going through this. It does get better :)

I felt the same around that time pp. I just knew things weren't right. I didn't wait. If I were you I'd call you Dr. I truly feel I got better faster because I got treatment quickly. GL to you! 

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Options
    teshy1teshy1 member
    I say go with your gut.  If something doesn't feel right, then talk to your doctor.  I don't know how many times I said, "oh, it'll go away" or "I'll be fine".  After a few months and talking things over with my DH, I finally admitted I probably had PPD and I needed to take action.  Best of luck and you're not alone in this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrsbnlmel:

I'm sorry you are going through this. It does get better :)

I felt the same around that time pp. I just knew things weren't right. I didn't wait. If I were you I'd call you Dr. I truly feel I got better faster because I got treatment quickly. GL to you! 

This. I waited too long to enjoy the early months with my DD before seeking help. When it gets better, you really can be happy again - and the faster that happens, the better for you, your DH, and both of your kiddos. I'd call now. GL  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"