Trying to Get Pregnant

Metal Taste?

So I'm only 6DPO but today I started getting a horrible metallic taste in my mouth.  I've tried drinking tons of water to wash it out of my mouth/throat.  No matter what I eat...it comes back.  Is this/can this be normal?  Has anyone else had this?

Re: Metal Taste?

• I had this going on during my first tri with DS. Tasted like I'd been eating pennies all day. Yumm-O, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this once during a cycle that ended with a BFN.  No idea what it came from!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there- someone who recently got a BFP mentioned to me that they had a similar symptom at 6 or 7 DPO. Of course you won't know til after the fact whether this is actually a pregnancy symptom for you now. Good luck!
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have heard a few women on here who got BFPs say this was a early sign for them. Probably not a sure fire way to tell by any means lol, but hey, maybe its a good sign for you! Here's hoping! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lol...I better not have this horrible taste for nothing.  :)
  • I get a metallic taste in my mouth, but that's because I am on Metformin. I hate that side effect of it - although it is way better than the side effects I used to experience!

I agree with PPs, I remember a few women on here with a similar symptom resulting in a BFP, but as others have mentioned they have experienced it with a BFN. Here's hoping it's a good sign for you :) Good luck!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You think prenatals could cause it?  I've been them already for 2 months thought without this issue...
  • Only when I have been sucking on pennies for fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMilliways:

Only when I have been sucking on pennies for fun.

Pshhhh, I don't suck on pennies. I'm all about the quarters ::flips hair:: 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMilliways:

I keep my quarters to make disappear behind little children's ears.

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMilliways:
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMilliways:

Creeper. 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMilliways:
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMilliways:

Creeper. 

Hide your kids. Hide your wife. Hide your husband do, because I am sneaking George W. behind your satellites.

• imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMilliways:
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMilliways:

Creeper. 

Hide your kids. Hide your wife. Hide your husband to, because I am sneaking George W. behind your satellites.

:::BUMP REMIX:::

• imageModernMomma1:
    You think prenatals could cause it?  I've been them already for 2 months thought without this issue...

I highly doubt it. The proper name for the 'metal taste' is dysgeusia and can be casused by many things, vitamin and mineral deficiency being one of them. So, if anything PNVs would get rid of the taste. Other reasons can range from dental problems, medications, smoking and a sign of pregnancy! I wouldn't get your hopes up yet, but I have a good feeling about this for you!

• Kate06Kate06 member
    My pregnant friends experienced this (one before she knew she was pregnant for sure, the other during her first trimester). FX!! Big Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAnoraStar:

imageModernMomma1:
    You think prenatals could cause it?  I've been them already for 2 months thought without this issue...

I highly doubt it. The proper name for the 'metal taste' is dysgeusia and can be casused by many things, vitamin and mineral deficiency being one of them. So, if anything PNVs would get rid of the taste. Other reasons can range from dental problems, medications, smoking and a sign of pregnancy! I wouldn't get your hopes up yet, but I have a good feeling about this for you!

I'll try to be cautiously optimistic being that I don't have dental problems, not on meds, and I don't smoke, lol!  Thanks for the info!

• I'm 8dpo and at about 5 I had this. But i chalked it up to I think I bit my cheek during the night. But good luck!
  • I had that last cycle and was sure I was BFP but of course was a BFN so no idea what it was from.  Only lasted a day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• It is a symptom of pregnancy, I had it with DS.  Good luck!
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well...its the next day and metal taste is still there...
  • imageModernMomma1:
    Well...its the next day and metal taste is still there...

Have you changed your diet recently? People on diets like the Atkins diet go into ketosis, and get that metal taste.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"