October 2011 Moms

Bumbleride Indie Twin VS Baby Jogger City Mini double

Actually these are my top 2 choices for SBS double strollers but I haven't ruled out the Phil & Ted's Explorer or the Britax B-Ready either.  My two boys will be just over 2 1/2 yrs apart when the new little one comes.  I don't plan to jog but don't want super cheap tires either.  Also lightweight is a key for me!

Would love to hear people's opinions on any of the strollers, especially if you already own them!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bumbleride Indie Twin VS Baby Jogger City Mini double

• I belong to a large (4000+members) parents' network in my city, and the question of double strollers is asked often.  I have no experience myself since this will be our #2, but the most widely recommended double stroller on the board is always a Baby Jogger, either the City Mini or City Elite.  Lightweight is a key for me as well, so I'm leaning towards the City Mini double, because it's a bit lighter than the Elite. 
  • have you looked at the City Select by baby Jogger?  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Baby #3! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We purchased the bumbleride indie twin but have not used it much yet since the new baby is not here yet. I do love it the one time I used it.
  • aandgaandg member

We bought the City Mini Double. We've used it a couple of times with DS and his cousin. It's super lightweight, easy to fold, easy to steer, fits through doors, and has plenty of storage space. The basket is a little hard to get to, but if you unsnap one of the straps, its a lot easier. We were chosing between this and the City Select and I'm glad that we went with the City Mini because it's so much lighter. Plus I like the fact that both kids will be able to easily see out and one won't be looking at the back of the others head. 

The 2010 orange/gray color combo is on sale for $279 on albeebaby.com right now. Awesome price. Wish we would have waited a bit :) 

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cZacZa member

We ordered the 2010 BJ City Mini Double from albeebaby.com yesterday for $299. We saw a ton of them at the zoo a few weeks ago and they were much more sleek than a lot of doubles plus I couldn't justify a mortgage payment for a stroller.

• My cousin received her City Mini Dbl.  Her girls aren't even a year yet, but the stroller is so nice.  She's not a very big woman either, and she has a 3 year old son for whom she purchased the glider board that attaches to the back.

I just purchased the City Mini Single and I'm just drooling in anticipation for its arrival! Happy decision making :)

• I have a couple friends that love the city mini.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"