Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Pureed edamame okay?

Little stinker hates peas. He spits it out with every bite. I'm wondering if I can swap it with edamame and puree it myself? He's just started out with solid food for about a month now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pureed edamame okay?

• Silly question...why does he have to like peas?  (not being snarky just wondering if there's some specific reason that you are so stuck on him liking peas) hey if he doesn't like them it's more peas in the world for my LO who can't get enough peas...lol

To answer the question of Edemame as long as he's not allergic to soy I don't think there's any reason you couldn't do that. But some other ladies may know better.

• If it's food, it's food and he can eat it. [Says our pedi, anyway..]

ETA: You should also try for non-GMO soya. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • He drank Similac Sensitive Soy, and he was okay with it, so yes, he should be fine with edamame being soy, I hope. But I will check with the pedi.

Huh..you know, I dont know why I'm so hung up on LO needing to like peas...LOL. He hates vege like mommy. I should let it go...I really should... 

• imageshoebox4:

He drank Similac Sensitive Soy, and he was okay with it, so yes, he should be fine with edamame being soy, I hope. But I will check with the pedi.

Huh..you know, I dont know why I'm so hung up on LO needing to like peas...LOL. He hates vege like mommy. I should let it go...I really should... 

DS hated every version of pureed green veggies - simply hated them.  But he loves them not pureed so there is hope!!  (And I made my own baby food so theoretically, it shouldn't even taste different)

DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • imageTicketTuesday:
    Edamame is soy beans, right? Soy is one of the top eight most common food allergies (https://www.foodallergy.org/allergens.html). I would definitely ask your pedi first, but I wouldn't personally do it.
    I agree. Because so many babies have sensitine tummys and edamame is straight up soy, I would be careful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"