Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

lighter period than normal; negative pregnancy test

My husband and I have been TTC for two months now. I typically have very heavy periods that last around 4-5 days. This month, however, I have had an extremely light one, so I took a pregnancy test which came out negative. My cycle is super normal and I ovulated on the 14 day this past month. We have been timing our sex around my ovulation day, having sex at least once a day 4 days prior and on the day of ovulation...even having it the day after as an "extra shot" at getting pregnant. I've been reading about implantation bleeding, and it seems that implantation bleeding typically occurs before you are suppose to get your period, so I don't know if what I'm experiencing is implantation bleeding or just a light period. It's just so strange to have such light bleeding.

Re: lighter period than normal; negative pregnancy test

• Options
    Hmmm, I'm not really sure what to tell you about your bleeding.  It could just be a lighter period this month.  How do you know you ovulate on day 14?  Do you chart?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejbizoe:
    Hmmm, I'm not really sure what to tell you about your bleeding.  It could just be a lighter period this month.  How do you know you ovulate on day 14?  Do you chart?

This is what I was wondering.  I am curious because it would be a total bummer if you were trying so hard around what you thought was your O date just to find out that you O a little earlier or a little later than you expected.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemegemoney:

imagejbizoe:

This is what I was wondering.  I am curious because it would be a total bummer if you were trying so hard around what you thought was your O date just to find out that you O a little earlier or a little later than you expected.  

This.  And i've never been pregnant so no idea about implantation bleeding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imagejbizoe:

Because everyone does. Duh!

2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    imageheather_09_15_07:

imagejbizoe:

Because everyone does. Duh!

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are using a fertility monitor to determine fertile days...as to my original post, my period has gotten heavier and this morning I had severe abdominal cramping and pain...seeing the doctor this afternoon.
  • Options

1. Implantation bleeding is very rare. Very. And can only be determined as such with a BFP. Even then, there's no way to know if that;s what it was, or normal hormone fluctuations.

2. Spotting also commonly happens before a period

If you think you might be pregnant test weekly. You'll also find charting helpful - it will give you a great glimpse into what is going on with your cycle.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"