High-Risk Pregnancy

32 weeks, 2cm dilated, aprox 50% effaced...

We into my MFM appt today for my monthly growth ultrasound, DS is 55th percentile, 4lbs 6oz, he went from being transverse my whole pregnancy to flipping FINALLY but to breach... sweet kid huh? I believe he flipped about a week ago, that was when the strain on my lower back seamed to find some relief. When they were doing my ultrasound they noticed my cervix is 50% effaced, when my Dr did the exam he said it felt more like 25%... hmm not sure which to go with. The other bad news is I am continuing to dilate, in 12 days I have gone from 0 to 1.5/2cm. I am not on bed rest officially yet, but I am to "take it easy with minimal effort". This might be easier if my husband wasn't in the field(he's an officer in the army) for another week. The Dr. said to be prepared to go into labor from now onwards. He said that if I go into active labor in the next 2 weeks they will try to stop with mag & do steroids, after that they wont stop my labor. I am seriously overwhelmed with all this info I was given today and trying not to stress over it all....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 32 weeks, 2cm dilated, aprox 50% effaced...

• With my first baby I was 2cm and 85% effaced at my 34 week appt and didn't change for 3 weeks. I was still walking around and wasn't limited at all. I know I was a little further along then you are now, however I wanted to let you know that you can walk around at 2 or 3 cm for a while. I know it sounds scary though, just put your feet up when you can- easier said then done. Take care
  • why can't they give you steroids now?  If you go into labor there might not be time to get them in your system so your baby gets the affects. I'd ask to see if they'd do it now! I went into PTL at 31 weeks and it was not fun what so ever, at least you'd know you have the steroids in you and ready if Heaven forbid they have to deliver!

prayers for you and your LO! 

• Loading the player...
  • I recommend getting the steroids now but I made it 3 more weeks at 2cm on bedrest.
  • I am making the call to my Dr tomorrow to figure it out.... I just hate the idea of having to do steroids and possibly multiple ones....
  • I am on modified bed rest, every-time I have an active day, I start having contractions. I am am at home in bed or on the couch for 90% of my day my contractions seam to stay under control. 
  • If it makes you feel any better, I have been 3 cm and 75% for 3 weeks now with no change, even after two episodes of contractions 3-4 minutes apart for two hours. Good luck and I hope your little one hangs in there for a while longer!
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Update: They are going to monitor me 2x a week, no steroids for now. On very limited activity till next weeks appointment. Looks like I need to get the baby's, mine & my husbands bags ready for the hospital & et the car seat installed because I know if I don't they will admit me one of these times at monitoring. My theory is if I have everything ready. Nothing will happen :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"