February 2011 Moms
Options

my long over due MIL vent

my fiance's mother has officially crossed the line! i'll start with the fact that she constantly tells fi that i have ppd. i don't. also, she drinks...a lot...she's always drunk when we go visit her.

well, she keeps asking to watch dd but i always make up some excuse to leave her with my folks because i don't trust mil to stay sober while dd is in her care. the other day i finally caved. when i picked up my daughter 1 hour later she was crying, had her diaper on backwards and her clothes was on wrong. oh, i can't forget...she was drunk!

today mil called me to get my mom's phone numer. supposedly she needed to talk to my mom about dd's baptism. she called my mom to tell her i have postpartum depression! wtf!

i'm mad! ah! and she's coming over tomorrow! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my long over due MIL vent

• Options
    Talk to your DH. This sounds like an unhealthy relationship for your whole family. Do not ever leave your LO with her again. If she asks why, your DH needs to shave his balls and tell her straight up that he can't trust her to stay sober. Let her blow up. She needs a slap of cold water to realize she's endangering her grandchild by being drunk on the job.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:
    Talk to your DH. This sounds like an unhealthy relationship for your whole family. Do not ever leave your LO with her again. If she asks why, your DH needs to shave his balls and tell her straight up that he can't trust her to stay sober. Let her blow up. She needs a slap of cold water to realize she's endangering her grandchild by being drunk on the job.

All of this.

I'm hoping that she really only meant well in some weird way about the PPD and was just trying to help out - even if you don't really have it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    yeah that would be the last straw for me. I know care what she said about me but the sober issue is a hazard to your childs life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My parents both drink and they keep offering to watch Lucas so we can go on a date. Right now MH is traveling a lot so I use the excuse that he needs to spend time with Lucas, but once that's over I'm going to tell them that there must be a sober adult or else he's not going over
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

my fiance had a chat about his mom. we both agree dd can't stay over there if she's drinking. actually, dd will never stay with mil because she lies about drinking. it's sad.

he actually called her last night to tell her that it was inappropriate for her to go around telling people i have ppd because one time she visited dd (1 week after my c-section) and i was in a nursing tank and sweatpants. she kept insisting that he should keep an eye on me and the baby. she was drunk. that was the last straw with my fiance.

i'm angry at her but at the same time i feel sorry for her because she is going to miss out on her granddaughter's life due to her alcohol consumption. but right now i am more angry. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"