Florida Babies
Options

Valhalla Townhomes in Riverview...advice please?

Hello Ladies-

Does anyone know if the Valhalla townhomes in Riverview are a good buy? Safe? 

We are both teachers, I'm 5 months pregnant, and our 2/2 apartment in Brandon is getting smaller by the day.  We love the look and style of the Pulte-built townhomes.  (We'd prefer a house, but between work, grad school, and new baby, a townhome seems more practical!).

I've noticed a few rentals as well as short sales in the community.  Is this a red flag, or a signal that it's a great time to buy there?

Any information you have to share is MUCH appreciated!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Valhalla Townhomes in Riverview...advice please?

• Options

I HEART Valhalla.  We live in the community. It's VERY nicely kept although our HOA fees are pretty steep.  There's a lot of "community" events.  We have not had any problems with it being unsafe or anything.  Our son is 10 months and it works out really well for us!

We love it here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

kmoleson1222-

Thank you very much for responding!

I heart Valhalla too!  Hubby and I have been walking through the neighborhood at various times throughout the day for the past few days just to see what it's like.  It's so clean and quiet!  Yes, the HOA is steep, but I think it's a small price to pay for immaculate properties and safety. 

We put in an offer yesterday that was accepted by the buyer... now it's the waiting game for the bank!  We were thinking of holding out for an end unit because the one we bid on has the one car garage, but you simply can't beat the price.  Plus, we're teachers, so closing and moving in during the summer would be beautiful, especially before our baby is born! 

It's so nice to hear someone else confirm what I feel...especially a new mom, too!  Who knows, we could be neighbors by July?

:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I live right down Bloomingdale (just before Providence) and I will say we love the location! It's so close to everything - Publix, Home Depot, Target! We don't live in Valhalla, but have friends that do and they're very happy there.

Funny - my husband and I are also teachers! He works at Kingswood and I work at Summerfield Crossings :)

TTC since February 2009
    BFP - Ended in m/c - 6/15/10
    BFP - Ended in m/c - 1/2/11
    BFP! - 4/13/11 - grow baby grow!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have to say NO to Valhalla, the town homes are pretty small if you plan to have more than one baby. You can also hear everything! Parking can be an issue as you only get one space.

I would go down Bloomingdale to the new place opening behind publix!

Best of luck!

• Options
    I live in South Fork, but I've heard a lot of good things about Valhalla. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"