Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Ugh.... end of year teacher gifts?

What are you all doing for end of year teacher gifts?

I'm struggling because he's got SIX teachers (public school).  

I'm grateful for all the attention he gets thanks to all of these teachers but it makes gift giving complicated.

Ideas?

TIA! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Ugh.... end of year teacher gifts?

• Options
    I hope some people have some suggestions too,i have 8 teachers to buy for,7 at his school and then his speech teacher but she will be here til August still.I would like to give each a gift card but i can't afford to give everyone one ,hopefully some people will respond.
  • Options

I went with a heartfelt card and baked goods.  We don't have much extra money, so I made both teachers 2 loaves of bread - an orange nut bread, and a blueberry banana bread.  They gushed over it, and thanked DD and I many times for being so thoughtful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a teacher, and I must say that I really don't expect end-of-year gifts from all kids, but it is certainly a nice gesture. I would just say NOT to get candles, mugs, knick-knacks, etc. They add up really quickly. Practical is appreciated- gift cards, hand sanitizer, books, etc. Or just a nice card and a photo of your child!
  • Options
    We are in public school also and we have 2 aids, a student teacher, 3 therapists, and his main teacher.  I gave the aids and therapists $10 gift cards to Starbucks.  His main teacher got a $50 Barnes & Nobles card.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

Our preschool does combined gifts from the class. We always do GC's to nice restaurants for the teachers.......we all chip in. It's $10-$15 per teacher........

I will most likely do a card with a photo of DD#1 for her teachers since it's her last year in preschool and she's going off to K.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I haven't given this too much thought either, but I definitely stay away from knick knack type stuff.  I think stuff like homebaked goods, and GCs to places like Dunkin Donuts are always welcomed by teachers.
  • Options

From the teachers I know, gift cards are the way to go. I think Starbucks, Target, or bookstores would be appreciated.

For our preschool, the homeroom mom collects money at the beginning of the year to go towards joint holiday and end-of-year gifts for each teacher. For Christmas she asked each of the two teachers what the other wanted and ended up getting one a mall gift card and the other an Anthropologie gift card. I suggested gift cards for a local nursery/garden shop for their end-of-year gifts since it's prime planting season here now.

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    GCs are usually the way to go.  I tend to go with Target because there is a plethora of things available there, from luxury items like makeup, clothes and entertainment stuff to bare necessities like toilet paper.  Amounts don't have to be huge.  You can always try to round up the other parents to chip in for one.  I don't like the Visa or MC ones because they are a PAIN to use and merchants don't often get how to use them.  Otherwise, you could do something like a card and a bunch of tamales from Tamale Kitchen.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Lurking on this board, but I am curious- what are the 6 teachers he has? I am a K teacher in public school. My students that give end of the year gifts, give  to me and maybe the speech teacher if they go there. Occasionally they will get a gift for the aide, but not often since we have one aide to rotates between 6 classes.  I am just blown away that he would have 6!

I really like gift cards- Target, restaurant, bookstores, grocery stores, etc are very helpful. But if he has a lot of teachers, I also like the baked goods idea. I agree with pp -no knick-knacks!

• Options
    Coming from a teacher GCs are the way to go, even a small $5 GC to starbucks beats knickknacks, and baked goods anyday!
  • Options
    I think its the thought more than the gift.  My DD gave her teacher for teacher appreciation week a small plastic container decorated with fun teacher stickers(hobby lobby) and it was filled with strawberries.  I noticed that every morning the teacher brings in a baggy of strawberries. The teacher thought it was neat that we notice the small things that she likes and played up on it, HTH
  • Options
    DD has 3 main teachers and a teacher's assistant.  So, I bought gifts for all of them, with the exception of 1 of the main teachers.  (She's going back home to France and I wanted to get her something very special.)  I bought bookmarks for her teachers with teacher-related phrases at the top like "I love teaching" or "ABC 123"; really cute.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And please please please whatever you do stay away from anything teacher related, any teacher that has taught more than a year had more abc and apple crap than they can stand.
  • Options
    imageiluvbillynollie:

Lurking on this board, but I am curious- what are the 6 teachers he has? I am a K teacher in public school. My students that give end of the year gifts, give  to me and maybe the speech teacher if they go there. Occasionally they will get a gift for the aide, but not often since we have one aide to rotates between 6 classes.  I am just blown away that he would have 6!

He's got 1 teacher that's in his class every day.  2 more that are in his class most days.  2 more that are a ST and OT that rotate between his school and another school but work with all the students like a regular teacher and 1 more that I see rarely and am not sure of her role.

He actually does have 3 adults in a class of 15 kids every single day.

We've been beyond impressed with our public school pre-school offerings. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:
    imageiluvbillynollie:

We've been beyond impressed with our public school pre-school offerings. 

Yay (again)! I'm so excited for DS to start in August.  

• Options
    We just did gc's and baked goods this year.
  • Options
    jlw2505jlw2505 member
    My DD is in a PreK program that goes through the summer even though they are doing a little graduation thing next week - some of the kids are not doing the summer program plus my DD is repeating the PreK program next year.  She ahs 3 teachers.  I just bought them 2 bags of chocolates and put them in a really cute box container that they can use in the classroom.  I think next year, I will add Target Gift Cards or something like that since she will have had the same teachers for 2 years at that point.  This did remind me that I need to get something for her speech teacher and aide - that class ends next Tuesday.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

I like this idea: https://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/tin-can-treats-for-mothers-day/

Add in a nice, personal note/card from you and your DD about how much she's enjoyed them or whatever, and that's plenty!

• Options
    KL777KL777 member
    imageCubbyMama:

I like this idea: https://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/tin-can-treats-for-mothers-day/

Add in a nice, personal note/card from you and your DD about how much she's enjoyed them or whatever, and that's plenty!

Cute idea :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"