Detroit Babies
Options

Recommend your Breast Feeding Class

Hi Ladies,

I am delivering at Troy Beaumont, but the BF classes they have left before my due date won't work for my husband and I. He has a weird schedule and we can't sync our schedules to go to one together, so I am looking for other options at another hospital or elsewhere. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your Breast Feeding Class

• Options

Did you look at all the Beaumont locations?  We went to the one at the PNC building (75 and Big Beaver).  I think they offer one a month or every couple of weeks.  It was pretty good, the instructor is a liitle quirky but very nice.  She will stay late and answer any questions you have.  It was definitely worth the $30 ($27 if you are a Beaumont employee). 

I know Generations OBGYN offers them too (out of Birmingham).  You do not have to be a patient there, we aren't and we did our Child Birth Ed there.  CBE was good so I am assuming the BF would be also.

• Options
    Ya, we looked at all of the locations, the problem is also coordinating a babysitter for DS #1 if we go during the week. Thanks for the info I will look into Generations too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't take a class and was fine. It all depends on your learning style. I learn better by reading, so I got a bunch of books and read up on things I was curious about and/or didn't understand.
  • Options
    Kbaby, you could TEACH a class! :)
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Options

imageKBabySmiles:
    I didn't take a class and was fine. It all depends on your learning style. I learn better by reading, so I got a bunch of books and read up on things I was curious about and/or didn't understand.

I didn't take one with DS1 and I had a terrible time, so I think I should try and take one this time, especially since I don't have any time to read anymore like I did when I was pregnant with DS1.

• Options
    imagejanedoe09:

Did you look at all the Beaumont locations?  We went to the one at the PNC building (75 and Big Beaver).  I think they offer one a month or every couple of weeks.  It was pretty good, the instructor is a liitle quirky but very nice.  She will stay late and answer any questions you have.  It was definitely worth the $30 ($27 if you are a Beaumont employee). 

I know Generations OBGYN offers them too (out of Birmingham).  You do not have to be a patient there, we aren't and we did our Child Birth Ed there.  CBE was good so I am assuming the BF would be also.

We took the breastfeeding class at Generations myobgyn.biz and thought it was good. I thought it was more helpful than the birthing class.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefreshmaker05:

imageKBabySmiles:

I didn't take one with DS1 and I had a terrible time, so I think I should try and take one this time, especially since I don't have any time to read anymore like I did when I was pregnant with DS1.

I am so sorry that you had a rough time. If you contact the local La Leche League in your area, they might have classes or be able to help you out as well. Good luck!

• Options
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagefreshmaker05:

imageKBabySmiles:

I am so sorry that you had a rough time. If you contact the local La Leche League in your area, they might have classes or be able to help you out as well. Good luck!

Thanks!

• Options

If you are willing to drive to Ann Arbor, I SO SO recommend the breastfeeding class through the breastfeeding center of ann arbor / center for the childbearing year. The class was helpful (a little bit on the long side), but the resources it provided were invaluable. We had trouble latching on the day in the hospital, and were discharged without a solution. I knew exactly where to turn to for help because of the class. 

A link to the class: https://center4cby.com/breastfeeding-classes-support-groups.html 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"