Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Graco Pack N Play- Changing Table Problems?

We had several pack and plays for my other two kids. They changed the design on the new ones where the changing table is only attached on one side. I was reading reviews for the Newborn Napper model and several people said that after a while the weight of the baby would bend the changing table and it would tilt. This caused the baby to roll to one side. Has anyone who has one experienced that?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Graco Pack N Play- Changing Table Problems?

• Options

I haven't had any personal experience with the Graco pnp, but I also heard this.  I decided to get this one instead.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4024389&fromWidget=BRU%3ACategory%3ATop+Sellers

The changing table is supported more than the Graco, and it flips out of the way when you are not using it.  On the Graco, you actually have to take it off it you want it out of the way.  Just wanted to give you another option!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it depends on which model you get.  We have the Graco Silhouette PNP and the changing area works great.  It's raised so it's easier on your back and it's very sturdy.  We never had any problems with it tilting, even when DS was 17 lbs.  It also flips up out of the way, you don't need to remove it completely. 

I would avoid the ones that have a newborn napper.  Some people have raised safety concerns over it and I think it's pointless anyway.  The ones that come with it also have a bassinet which has the same weight limit and serves the same purpose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCariBriel:

I haven't had any personal experience with the Graco pnp, but I also heard this.  I decided to get this one instead.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4024389&fromWidget=BRU%3ACategory%3ATop+Sellers

The changing table is supported more than the Graco, and it flips out of the way when you are not using it.  On the Graco, you actually have to take it off it you want it out of the way.  Just wanted to give you another option!

That's not true.  Many Graco PNPs have a changing area that flips up.

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    We have the PnP with the newborn napper and changing table. Both were invaluable when she was younger. She has now outgrown the napper and it is true that the changing table when they get bigger. LO is now about 15 pounds and it's beginning to tilt. Definitely satisfied overall, though, and will be using it for our next LO.

• Options

I'm pregnany with our first so I haven't used our Graco PnP yet, but I have been in daycare for a long time and have used them for years.  The changing table is really only meant to make your life easier while using the PnP as a bassinet for those first few weeks/months that baby might be in your room.  It isn't really built for a bigger baby that is starting to wiggle and move a lot.  Some people get more use out of them then others depending on the size of your baby.

On another note, the Baby Bargains book strongly urges you not to use the newborn nappers because the fabric is too plush and has pillows, neither of which baby should sleep with.  Plus, it allows the baby to sleep in a cradled position when really they should be flat on their backs.  I originally thought I just wouldn't use that part, but the PnPs with NN's are actually $80-90 more than the ones without, so we switched to one with a changer and mobile instead of th napper. 

• Options
    We have the Graco PnP with the bassinet and the changing table worked great.  DD was never into the bassinet so it became a glorified changing table.  And the table does flip up when not in use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the pack'n'play with newborn napper and changing table. My baby was born 6lbs1oz and didn't notice any tilt on the changing table at first. About 10 days later when she as not quite 7lbs I stopped using it. It tilted so much that she would roll completely to the side. I don't think 7lbs should make it unusable but unfotunately it does. Imagine if my baby was 7-9 lbs at birth, I would have never been able to use it. Totally dissapointed! :( I'm going to contact Graco tomorrow and see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"