Parenting

I cannot take it anymore

DS will NOT STTN since we moved him to the crib.  He was in the bouncy seat in the bassinet.  He got too big for both.  I have tried tilting his crib with towels underneath.  I feed him as late as possible and as much as possible so that he will have a full belly.  I don't know what else to do but I am tired of no f*cking sleep.

Re: I cannot take it anymore

• Will he sleep in his carseat?
  • DD didn't sleep through the night until she was 2
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • DD will be 1 tomorrow and has only slept more than 6 hours in a row a handful of times.  She's usually up 2-4 times a night.  We'll let her CIO--and then she'll get sick so we have to start all over again.  I don't even know what a good night's sleep feels like anymore !  I feel your pain.
    L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage
  • I really only have sympathy because at 9 months DS#3 still gets up at least once(usually twice), but what has helped a little is putting a folded fleece blanket along his back to make him feel more secure.  We went from RNP to crib.  He never slept through the night in the RNP either but was up more frequently. Hope you get some sleep soon!
  • My dd didn't sleep through the night until 18 months and then gave up napping at age two.
  • I'm the awful mom who did CIO with each of my kids somewhere between 6 months and 9 months to get them STTN.  DD#1 STTN at 13 weeks, but then stopped at 6 months.  We let her CIO at 9 months and she was sleeping within 2-3 days.  DD#2 and DS were more stubborn but it was still less than 5 nights.  We turned off the monitor Indifferent and just let them CIO.  I did feed/dream feed them at about 10 or 11pm (when I went to bed) and would get up as early as 5:30 or 6 in the morning.  It's a rough few nights, but worth it to me.  I'm a much better mom when I'm getting sleep and my kids seem much happier too.  FWIW - All three of my kids are really really good sleepers.
  • Ugh, I'm sorry :( I wish I had advice for you, but my youngest didn't STTN until 18mths no matter what I did. He was still nursing and waking for at least 1-2 feedings a night. He's tiny though, so I hated taking away any extra calories he was getting. Huhm, maybe some white noise or something so that when he does wake it will help lull him back to sleep?
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I think I responded to another one of your posts a couple of weeks ago (about sleeping). My six month old still sleeps in her bouncer. We've been putting her in her crib for the past week, on her tummy. So, now she'll do part of the night in the crib and the other part in her bouncer. It's a little bit of progress, I'm hoping it'll get better. I'm not going to let her CIO at 6 months, maybe closer to a year if necessary. My first daughter was a great sleeper at this age, so I'm a little disappointed. Can you put him in a PNP in your room, so you're not going as far in the middle of the night? That's my next plan.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't be so cranky about it if he hadn't already STTN.  We may seriously have to try CIO.
  • imagesarahjared:
    I wouldn't be so cranky about it if he hadn't already STTN.  We may seriously have to try CIO.

I totally understand. She sleeps great in her bouncer, but her legs are hanging over. When she's in the crib, it's up every couple of hours. I wish they made bigger bouncers!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I let my kids sleep on their tummies.  It was the only way they would sleep at all.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • My doctor suggested the Ferber method for my dd when she stopped STTN at 6 months, it worked within a few days..
    Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • imageridesbuttons:
    I let my kids sleep on their tummies.  It was the only way they would sleep at all.
    ditto this, both were sleeping on their tummies started at 1 week old
  • All of mine slept on their tummies starting at 2 weeks. We did have to CIO all of them, I used a book called "Sleeping through the Night", by Dr. Jodi Mindell, it was a life saver, and yes it took 3 night to start a good sleeping habit. I still have a copy if the book, I would be happy to pass it along to you if you like. 
  • Our 3rd child, DD2,  didn't STTN until she was 15 mos old.  I got the book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" when she was about 13 mos and that did the trick (or at least that's what I attribute her STTN finally to!).
    SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • imageRebekah1021:
    DD didn't sleep through the night until she was 2

My 5 yo doesn't always sttn. We're getting better though. I'd say she wakes 2-3 nights a week.

DD2 isn't close. She did for exactly one week, but that was almost 3 months ago.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageRebekah1021:
    DD didn't sleep through the night until she was 2

WORD!

Mine is finally getting better, but she still ends up in our bed most days before 4AM.   I wish I had advice.

• I had to CIO with both boys. Now they're both great sleepers. Naps are a whole other story though.
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Do you have a swing big enough? Will he sleep in it? DD would only sleep in the swing for a few months when she was younger. I just slept in a palette on the floor in front of the swing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh boy- I know exactly how you feel.

And maybe I shouldnt tell you this but DS still doesn't sleep through the night most nights. He is 4.5

GAH.

• InvBKInvBK member
    The Ferber method worked wonders for us.  And it worked within 2-3 days for all of them.  DS#1 wasn't sleeping at all unless I was up and walking him around at 6 months old.  2 nights later he was sleeping for 12 hours straight, on his own in his crib.  I highly recommend it.  Everyone in our house was happier.  Good luck to you!
  • DS was a great sleeper until 6 months. Then we did a night of CIO. And then things went back to our normal. I won't lie -- that night of CIO sucked so bad -- but I don't regret it bc DS is a confident sleeper to this day.
  • It actually makes me sad to see there are so many women, and babies, who aren't getting quality sleep at night.  That is key to so many things -- #1 is sanity!

I wish the OP luck and hope that you figure something out that works.  Cam didn't STTN until 14 months old.  We did CIO at 8 months old - and that got her to go to sleep on her own (prior to that, she would scream her bloody little head off for 3+hours a night.  Come to find out, I think all of our ATTEMPTS at getting her to sleep (shusshing, rocking, holding, etc) were actually PREVENTING her from sleeping!).  At any rate, she still work up 1-3 times a night from 8mo old to 14mo old because I just did NOT have the patience necessary to let her scream in the middle of the night. 

I hope you all find something that works.  Sleep is essential!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"