Breastfeeding

Breast milk stains out of clothes?

Any tips for getting breast milk stains out of clothes?

Re: Breast milk stains out of clothes?

• breast milk shouldn't stain. Formula stains, lanolin stains, sometimes breastmilk puke with lots of stomach acid in it stains, but unless it's a delicate fabric that is just damaged by the liquid, it shouldn't be staining at all. My kid pukes like mad and I EP, so we've spilled milk everywhere, nothing has ever stained.
    EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Sometimes it does stain a little. I think it's the fat in the milk. You know how if you spill cooking oil or splatter it, even after you wash there's still dark spots? I add a little squirt of blue dawn dish detergent to the washer and wash on hot, seems to do the trick.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You can also put it out in the sun, I find that works for formula, poop, and breast milk stains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This!

imagemeltoine:
    Sometimes it does stain a little. I think it's the fat in the milk. You know how if you spill cooking oil or splatter it, even after you wash there's still dark spots? I add a little squirt of blue dawn dish detergent to the washer and wash on hot, seems to do the trick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It does stain sometimes depending on the fat content. Oxy takes it out ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's like a grease stain from the fat.  Use bar soap (like the kind you shower with) on the spot & then wash in the regular cycle.
  • Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"