Working Moms
Options

3 weeks left in current preschool: parting gifts for teachers?

What do you all think I should do. Usually kids bring muffins or something for all the kids and hand them out as a goodbye.  Should I also get something for the teachers? What?

Re: 3 weeks left in current preschool: parting gifts for teachers?

• Options
    If they've done a good job then write them a nice letter telling them so and what they've meant to your boys/family. Your boys are old enough they might actually have some ideas to contribute. Then enclose a gift card to starbucks, target, something. If you know them well enough to know where they'd like you get bonus points. Teachers like food too, but since you're already bringing muffins a gift card is good too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I usually do gift cards for the teachers.  my mom was a teacher and got a lot of personalized (what I'd call) crap (but she liked the stuff).... but talk about hoarders anonymous.  she had an issue feeling bad about throwing stuff away so much of it ended up in storage.... so I do gift cards for coffee or dining.  for summer, sometimes I'll give a gift card for ice cream to the GAs......  for the holidays, coffee.  usually for the teachers and director I do GCs for a restaurant over the holidays and a GC to barnes and noble for the summer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are leaving our daycare in a month also.  I am planning to give the teachers gift cards.  Our daycare teachers are so underpaid that I always try to give them a giftcard that I know they can use.  Often target or Macy's for women and best buy for the male teachers.
  • Options
    I did $20 gift cards to Walmart for each of DD's preschool teachers and hand wrote a note inside a thank you card. This way they can use the card on something - even if you don't like shopping at Walmart (I really don't), people can use it for food, diapers, oil change, etc.
  • Options
    Don't buy coffee gift cards unless you know that is what they like.  My MIL gets coffee gift cards all the time and I always end up with them.  She doesn't drink coffee.
  • Options

This!  I hate Starbucks and every parent at our school assumes every teacher likes Starbucks.  I end up re-gifting them to my father-in-law.  It's nice when the parents give us gift cards that we can use.  Target, Walmart, and restaurants are favorites.  I can use them for groceries if need be, I can treat myself to a new shirt or make up, or we can go out to a cheaper/free dinner.  Those are by far the most appreciated gifts.  In fact, some parents have just given cash to other teachers.... even better since you could just put it in savings if you wanted!  

More parents need to pass the word that the the little "crap" isn't wanted.  I'd rather get a nice thank you note with no gift than some trinket from the dollar store or candle that I'll just donate. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"