Babies: 3 - 6 Months

PSA: Sunscreen

124»

Re: PSA: Sunscreen

• what about thinkbaby/thinksport which was on babysteals not too long ago? the main ingredient is zinc oxide...i am very aware that true sunblock is the best and safest (ONLY! in my opinion) option ... usually i use california baby, but i saw the think baby sunblock and that it was zinc oxide so i thought it was a good option at a great price...is it safe?

https://www.thinkbabybottles.com/safesunscreen1.html

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I have been wanting to ask this but was wanting to research first too and this matches what the pedi said.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Save
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SFL as well!  Great info!
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KariD77KariD77 member

Save

• sfl :)
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • AKMrsBAKMrsB member
    sfl
  • AKMrsBAKMrsB member
    sfl
  • AKMrsBAKMrsB member
    sfl
  • SFL. Thanks!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most informative and helpful post ever!
  • I was trying to find this yesterday when I bought sunblock for DS. Glad someone replied and made it current again :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most informative and helpful post ever!
  • kesryakesrya member

Thank you so much for this.  I am a licensed medical provider and very cautious about the use of sun protection vs. the danger of sun exposure.  This last weekend, we took our 4 1/2 month old to the beach for the first time, and purchased California Baby Summer Blend (which has safe essential oils that work as natural bug repellant like lemongrass and cedarwood).  I was torn between this and Badger Baby Sunbock, which is all zinc (CB is all titanium), b/c the Badger advertises no nanoparticles on its label, but ultimately I decided the mosquito protection was more important and I thought it is possible CB is smart enough not to use nanoparticles and maybe just doesn't advertise it.  I also covered him in a hat, uv protectant sun glasses, and a light long sleeve shirt and pants, in addition to a light layer of the CB.  He had a great time, and no sunburn.

A friend of mine sold me some Arbonne ABC Sunscreen which is supposed to be made for babies and children.  I was shocked to see that the first three ingredients are the chemical sunscreens, and there is a tiny amount of zinc in it too - maybe that's why they are trying to pawn it off as a safe children's product.  We got this from her last year before our baby (I ordered their sun protection line from her b/c it did not contain any orange essential oil which my husband is allergic to - and she mistankenly thought he had sensitive skin and ordered us the baby one instead) -- so I already knew this was not approprite for a baby.  But it made me sad that products like this that are clearly unsafe are being targeted towards unknowing parents.

• This post was so informative I shared it as a doc with the facebook group. Thank you!Smile

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"