Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

How long do you let your LO have diaper-free time?

DD has had a diaper rash for weeks now that we haven't been able to get rid of. It's pretty mild, just some spots on her cheeks. I decided to give her some diaper free time to see if it helps. She's already peed on the floor once lol
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: How long do you let your LO have diaper-free time?

• We did it for about ahour or so... After she peed on the floor twice I gave up :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah she just peed again...I think we're putting the diaper on now! I'm just glad it was on the tile and not the carpet both times.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • After she pees, she's usually good for at least an hour.  If we're home, I'll just put training pants on her so her bare butt isn't all over the floor.  After an hour, I'll put her on the potty again.  If she goes, I put her back in training pants.  If she doesn't, I'll usually put a diaper on her.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • When we let DD run around sans-diaper, we ask her every couple minutes if she needs to sit on the potty. Usually she'll let us know when she needs to go potty, but she knows that when/if she pees on the floor, the diaper goes back on. And the times she has peed on the floor, she's usually been able to stop herself and tell us "uh oh! potty! a mess!".

I think diaper-free time is good for her to recognize the sensation of needing to go and holding it til she gets to the potty. :) She can usually last about 20-30 minutes diaper free before she gets too distracted with other toys/activities to remember the potty and needs a diaper.

• DS was naked for all of 10 mins last night and peed on the floor 3 times.  Usually he can go about 30 mins or so and not pee
    DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • MrsCAAMrsCAA member
    currently close to zero after he pooped on my carpet a couple weeks ago
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We do diaper free time on the back deck in the morning when it's shaded for about 30-45 minutes.  If he pees, we just rinse off the deck.

image image
  • Zero. Never in her life.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • jags09jags09 member

Usually an hour or so, outside, before his bath/bedtime.

He can pee to his hearts content outside and I don't care :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do it every day for an hour or two, we have mostly pergo with a few area rugs and as long as he aims for the floor and not the rugs I'm happy.  I even let him play in our bed diaperless and occasionally he'll pee in it which annoys DH.  But I'm pretty laid back about that kind of thing...I'm not neurotic about my house and would rather clean up pee than see him suffer from diaper rash.  So far he's never pooped during his diaper-free time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nealblnealbl member

I wrap her crib sheet around me when she is getting tired. Turn on sesame street and let her sit on my lap naked for as long as she will sit there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lately, DD has spent most of every day naked.  However, she also started telling me that she needs to use the potty and has been successful 4 out of every 5 times she needs to go.  It is possible that we are working on potty training...

• I don't do it as a routine, but every once in a while I'll let her go diaper free before her bath, or as I am changing her diaper. Usually she pees on the floor and cries or says "Uh-oh." :)
  • Apparently we let him go too long, because the other night he pooped on the floor.  He gets diaper free time for about 10 minutes every night.  The kid LOVES to be naked, so I indulge him ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedoremi29:
    Apparently we let him go too long, because the other night he pooped on the floor.  He gets diaper free time for about 10 minutes every night.  The kid LOVES to be naked, so I indulge him ;)

Do  - you should capitalize on the fact that he doesn't need his diaper to poop! 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"