Two Under 2
Options

those with 3 in carseast...what kind of car?

Do we need a minivan? I'm not opposed to them, just wondering if we can get away with any other type of car or not. Dh really doesn't want a minivan (yet).

I have a britax marathon, new roundabout, and then we'll get a graco snugride infant seat, fwiw.

What are your plans?

Re: those with 3 in carseast...what kind of car?

• Options
    I see why a lot of people love minivans...they just aren't for our family...yet. We have a suburban and love it. We will have 3 in a carseat in 6 months. The suburban has an insane amount of room...Tons od trunk space even with third row seating.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options

I don't have 3 yet, but I'm going to try desperately to find the right way to puzzle our car seats (2 Britax Marathons and a Graco Snugride) into my Chevy Equinox. I would love to get a minivan, even though I've been opposed in the past but it's not in the cards finacially as DH just got a new car before we found out we were expecting again.

If I can't get the seats to fit I'm planning on buying Sunshine Radian car seats so they will all fit. Spending the money on carseats is cheaper than a new car.

I will say that after renting a minivan while on vacation 2 weeks ago, I miss it. I loved the sliding doors and DD being able to climb into her seat on her own while I got DS buckled into his seat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a minivan, and love it.  Cramming three seats into an SUV was just too much for me.  Especially with trying to get the infant seat to lock in properly each time.  We are now about to fill all the seats in our minivan, and I can guarantee you in a few years we will probably get a 9-12 passenger van just to make long trips bearable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    we plan on 3 or 4 kids and got a minivan when pg with DD. LOVE it. I can't see how people do more than 2 kids without one. 
  • Options
    I have 3 kids, 3 and under all in carseats. We couldnt find a SUV that seemed to work for us so we got a minivan - Kia Sedona. I was totally against it at first but I've gotten used to it and cant imagine having anything other than  a minivan now that I have these 3 little ones.
    ~ My Crazy, Beautiful Life with 3~ Lachlan,Vito and Willa Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Honda Odyssey. 2 Marathons and a Graco Turbobooster.  (One of the convertibles used to be an infant seat)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't opposed to mini vans, but DH really didn't want one. Long story short we ended up with a Nissan Quest when DS was 8 months old and I was pregnant with DD. We LOVE it. We plan to have more children and really can't imagine more than two without the van.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We don't have three yet but we're planning on it. We got a minivan in January. I love it. I wanted a minivan specifically for the ease of use with car seats and the power sliding doors. I've said I'll never own anything else while we have kids living at home! We have an 8 seater '09 Sienna. 
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    NannaNanna member
    I would love a minivan but my DH is opposed.  I drive a Chevy Trailblazer (not the 3rd row version) and have installed a Graco Snugride RF, a Sunshine Radian FF and a Britax ROundabout RF.  Once #2 turns FF I may have to get another Radian if the Roundabout will no longer puzzle with the other seats.  
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Chevy Suburban with captains seating in the 2nd row (so there's a walkway to the 3rd row).  It's what I test drove and nearly bought when I was purchasing my most recent car.  My friend with 3u4 has that and strongly encouraged me to try it, and I loved it.  I ended up with slightly smaller Chevy Tahoe for now, with DH agreeing to get me the bigass Suburban when it's time for #3.  ;)  I'm not a van girl.  
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We were going to have 3 in car seats & I just loss, but we plan on trying again soon so eventually we'll have 3 in car seats. We went ahead and bought the Honda Odyssey for this reason. And if things don't work out....and we don't have a 3rd baby, we still love our mini van. We have 2 large dogs and the space in the back when the 3rd row is folded down is awesome. Both dogs fit and so does my double stroller. We have a 65lb lab mix and a 109lb rottweiler. So very spacious. The 2nd row legally holds 3 car seats and that was the selling feature. DD can climb to the middle, DS on one end and the new baby (whenever we have the 3rd one) will be on the other outside. For the time being...DD's behind me, DS behind passenger, 3rd seat (center seat) folded over & is a sippy cup holder. I never thought I'd be a mini van person but I love it. Everyone I know who has one told me just to test drive it & I fell in love. So....that's my advice, pick the ones you like and test drive. :-)
  • Options

I don't have 3 yet, but we knew that we would have 3 or more in a car seat so we kept that in mind when we just got a new car. 

My dh hates mini vans and won't consider on (I actually wanted one). We settled on a Toyota Sequoia. I can fit 3 Britax Boulevard car seats in the back seat and can fit a total of 5 Britax car seats comfortably.

I am thinking of switching to Sunshine Radian car seats. The are more narrow and have a higher rear facing weight limit 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"