Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Lost my baby today

Well I don't know exactly when... but at our appointment today, there was no heartbeat. I would be 8 weeks 6 days. They said the fetus was measuring 8 weeks-ish, and a heartbeat would have been VERY hard to miss. 

I'm scheduled for a d/c tomorrow morning at 6:30 am. I hope it goes smoothly-- I've heard of them but have never known someone to have one, so I'm unsure of the after-parts.  I feel upset, but not too upset. I think it's just all very new information.

BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
Child #1  June 2012
Child #2  Feb 2014
Child #3  Feb 16
BFP 3/9/17
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Lost my baby today

• Options
    So very sorry for your loss. The procedure is very routine, even if you think you've never known anyone who has had one, chances are you probably do and don't know it; it's not something people discuss very openly. Happy wishes for a smooth procedure and quick recovery to you.

• Options
     I am very sorry for your loss. I just lost my baby last Monday. We went for our 1st ultra sound and they could not find a heart beat. I was 11 wks but the baby only measured at 9 wks. I had to go in friday for a D&C on Friday. To me the percedure is more emotional than painful. You will have some cramping and bleeding for 24 to 48 hours. But thats about it. I would take it easy and rest a lot those few days. Thats what I did. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsJCMrsJC member
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I had a D&C a couple months ago, and it was much harder emotionally than physically.  I had no pain afterwards, but I did bleed for almost 2 weeks.  Good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes smoothly.
    BFP #1 1/27/11, EDD 10/7/11, D&C 3/29/11 @ 12w4d
    BFP #2 5/19/11, EDD 1/20/12, Natural miscarriage 6/2/11 @ 6w6d
    Dx 2 copies of MTHFR reductase DNA mutation (C677T & A1298C) June 2011
  • Options

So sorry to hear of your loss. We are in the same boat - found out at our 8 week appointment last week that our baby did not have a heartbeat; they think it's blighted ovum as there was not much but an empty sac.

I go in for a D&C tomorrow as well so I'll be thinking about you... I sent you a personal message as well since I see that you are a fellow Aggie. Good luck and again, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Just know you're not alone and it's very very common, not that it makes it any easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I went for my first appointment last Tuesday thinking I was 9w6d and there was no heartbeat and the baby measured 7w6d.  I had a d&e on Thursday.  My physical recovery has been fine.  It's the emotional recovery that can be difficult.  Good luck to you.  I will keep you in my thoughts!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Options
    Very sorry. (((hugs)))

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im so sorry sweetie. I had one 2 weeks ago today :( It unfortunately is a routine procedure. It was also very quick. I had no problem coming out of anesthesia this time. You will heal quickly. I am back to normal (well what my body considers normal). I started AF on monday and this past monday she left, so i had a full 7 day period. It was rough, uncomfortable and painful and you can't use tampons (if you do, I do so it sucked). Best of luck to you and we are always here for you. It is an emotional ride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"