Maryland Babies
Options

classes/enrichment activities? (Non-Clicky Poll)

Do you do any classes with your LO?  (Swiming, Gymnastics, Dance, etc.)

If so when did you start and how does your LO like it?

If your LO is too little right now what, if any, do you plan to do?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: classes/enrichment activities? (Non-Clicky Poll)

• Options
    We do Rolly Pollies with John on Saturday mornings, and he really likes it.  I we'll probably sign up for the next group of sessions too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We do Babies Love Books at the library and play group at a local independent toy store.

I really want to start swim lessons because I think it is so important, but I think we are going to wait for the fall to start that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCooper81:
    We do Rolly Pollies with John on Saturday mornings, and he really likes it.  I we'll probably sign up for the next group of sessions too.

Is this like The Little Gym? I've been thinking of signing Evie up for that, but it's kind of pricey.  I wish they had a drop in fee.

• Options

@ weeizie

There is a place in baltimore county called terrific tots during the week that is a lot cheaper then my gym or gymboree.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

Aiden has done FUNdamentals in the summer since he's been 1.  We'll do it again this summer, though he'll do the parent free class.

We started swimming lessons after he turned 3.  We're taking a break for the summer but he'll start up again in the fall.  I highly recommend Kids First for swim lessons.

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options
    imageTeagiedo:

@ weeizie

There is a place in baltimore county called terrific tots during the week that is a lot cheaper then my gym or gymboree.

I think I'm going to sign Ava up for terrific tots if we don't get into the preschool we want in the fall.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What got me thinking aout this was the fact that we just had DD's parent-teacher conference (Whatever, LOL.)  her teacher mentioned that DD LOVES the weekly gymnastics class.  I knew that they had a weekly class for the older kids, but I didn't realize that once the kids where in the Infant II room they got to participate.  The class takes a break over the summer, so I was thining about trying to find something.

I never thought of the library.  The branch near our house is tiny and doesn't do much, but there is a larger branch about 10 minutes away.  I need to check them out!

• Options
    imageweezie825:

What got me thinking aout this was the fact that we just had DD's parent-teacher conference (Whatever, LOL.)  her teacher mentioned that DD LOVES the weekly gymnastics class.  I knew that they had a weekly class for the older kids, but I didn't realize that once the kids where in the Infant II room they got to participate.  The class takes a break over the summer, so I was thining about trying to find something.

I never thought of the library.  The branch near our house is tiny and doesn't do much, but there is a larger branch about 10 minutes away.  I need to check them out!

I'm not sure where you live but the city libraries do a program called Mother Goose on Loose--Ava LOVES it. We've been taking her since she was 11 months old and she sings the songs she has learned from there all the time.  We used to go to the one downtown (across the street from the Basilica)--it's at 10:15 am on Saturday's. It started to get really crowded though so we stopped going. DH takes her to the one on Harford Rd on Wed mornings.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really need to set up and get A into some kind of classes. I checked out my gym, but like you weezie I thought it was really high. Plus I'm only free on the weekends. I think in the fall we are going to sign A up for swim lessons.

• Options

I plan on taking J to the storytime for infants at the Baltimore County library starting in July. They also offer a baby yoga that I thought about doing. Both are free.I just need to get out of the house, and enjoy being able to do these things before going back to work in August!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBillysGrl27:

I plan on taking J to the storytime for infants at the Baltimore County library starting in July. They also offer a baby yoga that I thought about doing. Both are free.I just need to get out of the house, and enjoy being able to do these things before going back to work in August!

Do you mind sharing which branch?

• Options

We live in Owings Mills and both the Reisterstown and Pikesville branches have Baby Boosters storytime. The baby yoga is June 15, 10:30am at Pikesville. Here is the link...

https://www.bcpl.info/yolib/yoliprog.html

• Options
  • Options
    imageweezie825:

imageCooper81:

Is this like The Little Gym? I've been thinking of signing Evie up for that, but it's kind of pricey.  I wish they had a drop in fee.

I would assume they are very similar, but I've never been to The Little Gym.  It's a 45 minute class and they have this 50 foot elevated trampoline, a foam pit, and each class they set up little obstacles for the kids to do to help them learn how to walk up and down an incline, step deliberately (like from square to square), etc.  most of the kids don't do exactly what they are supposed to, but they all have a blast and at the very end they blow up a moon bounce with a slide and they all love that.  I know Rollie Pollies has "open gym" times scheduled where you can just drop in, pay a small fee and play for like an hour, but none of them were when either of us could take him before we signed up for the class.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We do baby gym class at Hoppin Tots off of Falls Rd.  We love it!  

The prices were much more reasonable than some of the larger chain gyms, IMO.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options

Annabelle is 5.5 months old. We started Mommy & Me swim classes a couple weeks ago, which she really seems to enjoy.

We've also been going to the local library for baby sign language classes and story time.  

I'm looking for more things to get her involved in, but it's hard finding activities around my area for such a young baby. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageladyjuliet:

Annabelle is 5.5 months old. We started Mommy & Me swim classes a couple weeks ago, which she really seems to enjoy.

Where are you going for swim classes?? I really want to start swimming with LO as soon as we can. I started in the pool before I could walk and have enjoyed it all my life. I've also taught lessons and seen the importance of starting very early.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

We go to Music Together at Music Together of Charm City. I believe there are other local franchises though. I wasn't sure how I felt about bringing her to music class, but it has been a terrific experience. Ada loves it.

I want to take swim lessons with her, but am going to wait until the fall. The pool we go to in the summer doesn't allow diapers in the big pool. I decided that going to swim classes in a big pool, and then not being allowed in the big pool during the summer was setting us up for a battle.

https://www.musictogethercharmcity.com/

https://www.musictogether.com/

https://www.musictogether.com/main.aspx?form=ClassLocator2&adr=&zip=&rds=&isZipSearch=False&isMilesRdx=False 

• Options
    imageSarahKate31:
    imageladyjuliet:

Where are you going for swim classes?? I really want to start swimming with LO as soon as we can. I started in the pool before I could walk and have enjoyed it all my life. I've also taught lessons and seen the importance of starting very early.

Kids First Swim School in Finksburg (takes less than 15 minutes to get there from Eldersburg).  It's $90 for a 6-wk session.  They take them as early as 3 months old there (at the Y you have to wait till they're 6 months, I think. I got the pedi's okay before registering).  We both really enjoy it! I do wish it had some kind of infant CPR or drowning-related lesson included though.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Check your local library. From what I've seen they have activities for different ages pretty regularly and I believe it's free. I'm hoping to take DD to one soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"