Two Under 2
Options

pregnancy body with #2

i know that after #1 your body can have the balloon effect with #2 and subsequent pregnancies. did you notice a big change in your body the second time around? especially since you have a toddler you are taking care of.

did you gain as much weight as you did with #1? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pregnancy body with #2

• Options

I was much bigger but then again DD2 was bigger than DD1 by almost a lb [and was born earlier]. My stretch marks were okay..didn't get new ones but the old ones got longer. I was much more sore..joints, hips and back hurt a lot more. I attribute some of that to not being able to rest as much though, with a toddler to chase after. I gained the same amount of weight and lost it at the same pace.

It wasn't too bad really..just felt bigger and got a lot more comments about how huge I was lol. But I wouldn't say that it was significantly different.

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Options
    I  don't think I'm  teh  norm  but I'll post  anyway. so  far  with  pregnancy  #2 I  have  only  gained  2 lbs.  that  being  said-  I  never  lost  weight after  having  #1. (20 lbs  or  so)  I  think it's  a combo of  chasing after a  toddler-  being so busy and  much  more  ms.  And although I haven't gained  any weight-  my maternity clothes  fit me  differently.  The  scrubs  I  wore till the  end are tight and  riding up on my belly  now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SeaMamaSeaMama member
    I've actually gained about 10lbs LESS than I did the first time. 
  • Options

With #2 I gained about 10lbs less (and pregnancy was 2 weeks longer), and didn't start to show until about 20 weeks (with #1 my bloat turned right into belly). My morning sickness was awful and I was much more tired the 2nd time around. However, I was also much more active chasing after DS. As PP said, I didn't get anymore stretch marks, they just got longer. Unfortunately, the weight loss with both has been slow. For whatever reason my body hangs out to about 15lbs for the first year.

***DS 10/15/08 *** DD 08/03/10****
  • Options

I gained less and less with each pregnancy, so I went against the grain. Oddly my third baby was my heaviest and I gained the least...although for me I think it may have been a difference of girl vs boy (#1/#2 are girls) OR the fact that I worked out the entire pregnancy instead of stopping in the 2nd trimester.

Realllllly hoping the rest of the weight comes off easily, but I'm not one of those people who lose it all in the first week. Boo. Atleast this time once I lose the weight I'm done and can stay in shape for good! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nypdrwjnypdrwj member
    With #2 I delivered early (33 wks) and was at the same weight as when I delivered #1 (37 wks)  But I didnt gain as much weight.  This time I am having a harder time of losing the weight :(  Both pregnancies  I had GD so i am making up for lost time with sugar.  lol
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    This pregnancy isn't quite over for me yet, but with DD#1, I gained just shy of 60lbs, but started off at 100lbs, so doctors never made a fuss about all the weight gain. I lost all but about 10lbs before getting pregnant again, and at my last Dr. appt, I was at a 16lb weight gain, so its hard to tell this time around. It seems as though the weight gain isn't as rapid, but I still have like 10 weeks to go and havent started having any swelling yet, so we will see. Its quite possible I could be about the same.
  • Options
    imageSeaMama:
    I've actually gained about 10lbs LESS than I did the first time. 
    This.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've gained a lot less than I did with DD1 up to this point. I don't think I've developed any new stretch marks but I had a ton from last time anyway. This time however I've had a lot more back pain, crotch pain, and I've developed some very uncomfortable varicose veins, I didn't have any last time around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At this point in the pregnancy with DD, I had gained 20+ lbs. This time, I'm only up 2 lbs. since I was sick for the first 3-4 months and it's taken me awhile to regain some of the weight I lost (I wasn't sick at all with DD). I did bloat much more this pregnancy and my belly popped out sooner, but, overall, I'm actually carrying much smaller this time around.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm puting on weight much faster this time.  With DS1, I only gained 23 lbs total.  By this time with him (22 weeks), I think I was only up 5 lbs.  I lost the weight very quickly and easily.  With DS2, I was already up 11 lbs at 20 weeks.  However, I started off 10 lbs less than I did with DS1, so at my last appt, I was only 1 lb more than I weighed at the start of my pregnancy with DS1...
  • Options

I gained 10lbs less with #2 than I did with #1. I did show earlier, but by the end I just about broke even-I was actually a bit smaller with #2.

However, PP I look a LOT worse now than I did after #1, even though I am the exact same weight. I lost the weight rather quickly since I didnt gain a lot during pregnancy (30lbs with #1, 20lbs with #2) but my stomach looks awful.

• Options
    it is still early for me, but i feel like i look bigger this time than last i am only 9/10 weeks - but i feel like i already look as though i am 15/16 weeks. i do not think i have gained much more weight - it just seems my belly stretched faster this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RNOHIORNOHIO member
    I was much bigger in the belly with #2 but actually gained 40 lbs less!! With #1, I gained 60lbs(yeah, not too proud of that) but I only gained 22lbs with #2.  With #2, I was all belly and with #1, I gained it everywhere (face, legs, butt). My body has bounced back pretty good for having 2 kids 14mos apart.  Obviously, I would like to lose some more weight now but all of the 22lbs fell off with a few weeks of having DS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I didn't gain as much with DS (I gained 35 with DD and about 25 with DS).  I paid close attention to what I ate, tried to get some type of exercise each day and drank a ton of water.  I carried extremely WIDE with DD, and it looked like I swallowed a basketball with DS.  My body looked completely different.

My weight loss was much easier, and more rapid, with DS.  I made a huge effort to exercise every single day (once I was cleared at my 6w checkup) after he was born.  I didn't lose all my baby weight in between having DD and getting pregnant with DS, so I knew after he was born Operation: Dump The Plump was in full effect.  :)

Good luck to you!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did gain the same amount of weight with the second one as I did with the first, but I did start to show MUCH sooner!  Taking the weight off with the second one has been a little slower than with the first one.
  • Options
    LJR 84LJR 84 member
    At 30 weeks pregnant I weigh exactly what I did when I was 30 weeks pregnant with #1. (I started out this pregnancy weighing a little less though). I didn't have any trouble losing the weight with #1, so I'm hoping that's the case this time around too!
  • Options
    trinnytrinny member

imageCRaymond1976:
    I did gain the same amount of weight with the second one as I did with the first, but I did start to show MUCH sooner!  Taking the weight off with the second one has been a little slower than with the first one.

Same.  Although, I even showed around the same time.  The babies weighed almost exactly the same, and were both born around 41 weeks.

• Options

I also showed earlier - almost immediately! My doc never worried about my weight gain, since my fundal height measurements were always 2 weeks ahead with both of them, we were all shocked when Owen was so much smaller! 

With DS1, I gained 18 pounds, he was born at 38w3d, and 7lb 6oz. 

With DS2, I gained 5 pounds, he was born at 38w1d, and 6lb1oz.  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options

With my first, I was 19, I gained about 25 or so pounds.  She was just over 7#, a day before her due date w/ a quick labor and no drugs.  All the weight came off and then some.  10 years later when I had my son I gained near 50 pounds and had a miserable pregnancy.  He was almost 9# and I had to be induced a week past my due date. I was huge!  Lost all the weight by about 6 mos.  I'm 6 mos preg again, he is now 13 mos, and so far so good w/ the weight gain, about 12#.  But my belly is HUGE!  However, overall I feel fantastic.

Really goes to show how each preg is different and so much about your body changes really seem to depend on your genetics.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    BLOAT = YES!!!!!

I am only about 9w right now and I feel like I did at 25w with DD#1!!

That being said, I've only gained about 5lbs.
    I gained 60lbs my last pregnancy and didn't loose it all.. so I plan to gain much LESS this time :)
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"