Washington Babies
Options

Keepsake Gift for DD's 1st Birthday

Did anyone do some sort of keepsake gift for a first birthday? I am looking for ideas. I have seen charm bracelets (which are not really my style), porcelain figurines (which I had as a kid but they are gathering dust in my parent's basement currently), or planting a tree. Anyone do something along these lines or something different as a special gift? TIA!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo

Re: Keepsake Gift for DD's 1st Birthday

• Options

A necklace with her birthstone?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sister did a time capsule.  She had guests write a note, share a pictures, or add news paper clippings/magazines.  Even now that her daughter is 10 it's fun to look at! 
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageWatchPot:
    My sister did a time capsule.  She had guests write a note, share a pictures, or add news paper clippings/magazines.  Even now that her daughter is 10 it's fun to look at! 

That is a great idea!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This was for her 1st Christmas, not her birthday, but I bought M a pink pearl bracelet.  It has a silver heart charm with her name engraved on it.  If we have a day out when we get her ears pierced later on I'll probably give it to her then, as a welcome to being a young lady gift.  :)
    -Deborah

• Options
    We did a time capsule (link in my siggy - HTM blog, Ladybug First Birthday). I wanted to avoid bringing home a bunch of toys, well open it when she's sixteen and she can keep what she wants from it - it should be a pretty good chuckle too :)
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    We do a special book with an inscription and the date, so when he is 18, he will have a whole collection of special books. As he gets older, we plan to choose a book what we can read, too, and discuss with him.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"