New to The Bump

I'm New and Excited-Anyone else in my boat?

I just posted on another message board and was torn apart for my questions and comments. Is anyone else new and is just generally excited about trying to conceive?

Re: I'm New and Excited-Anyone else in my boat?

• and now I'm asking to talk to other people who are excited about trying to share in my joy. Stop trying to kill it.
  • It's pretty rude to delete a thread when people took the time to answer your post. You may not have liked what I said, but common sense is a valuable thing here. And in life, for that matter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Loading the player...
  • "You're killing my birthday!"

Ava. My Super Sweet 16. Anyone?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Plenty of people are new and generally excited. Some are also nervous and anxious. Some are more relaxed.

As with most social interactions in life, there are certain rules that must be played when one posts on a public message board. A few rules to keep in mind in case you stick around:

1. Lurk. Lurk. And when you're ready to jump in, lurk some more. Get the vibe of the board, find out how tight the group is, see how new people are accepted, and how they introduce themselves.

2. Post an intro. It's like being at a cocktail party--you don't just walk up and interrupt someone's conversation. You introduce yourself and start getting to know people. Some boards are really big on intros so they can get a little bit of your history and know where you are in the whole TTC game.

3. Have a thick skin. I can tell you I've been at least mildly flamed on almost every board I've posted on. Sometimes it's because I tell it like it is, or express an unpopular opinion. Sometimes it's because people can't tell my tone from an internet posting. It's no big deal.

4. Never, ever, delete a post because you don't like what people are saying in response. It just makes you look like a child who doesn't like the game and takes her toys and huffs on home. And the Nest/Bump never forgets, so someone will be able to dig up that post and/or remember your screen name.

5. Recognize that there are people from all over the world, from all walks of life, who may or may not be having a good (or bad) day the day that you post. Some of them are naturally snarky. Some are puppies and rainbows 24/7. So you may get a variety of responses. Again, it's no big deal.

As for me, I'm not new and am no longer even remotely excited about TTC. But as a veteran I drop by here daily to help a newbie out. I hope your stay here gets better as you learn to play along. GL.

• Thank you Dr. Loretta. I appreciate your advice. Well here's my Intro...

My name is Bianca. My husband and I were married in November of 2010. We've decided to start trying to conceive.  I've only been trying for less then a month now but I'm excited to start on this journey with my husband. Im on here for information, friends, shared experiences, and to talk with people who are going through the same thing as I. 

• I missed the other thread, but the ladies on the TTGP board are some very smart ladies.  They will be able to help you figure out what your body is telling you about your fertility.  Like Dr.Loretta said, you have to remember that not everyone is going to be puppies & rainbows.  Not everyone on here is just starting on this journey, ladies have been trying anywhere from 1 month to over 2 years.  Be respectful of others and they will be respectful of you.  Lurk before you post.  Maybe even a DD apology since they were trying to help (some just want to feel each person out).  Relax.  No one knows you so don't be offended by how a few reply.  Have fun!  They areWink

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• imagebtmickens:

Thank you Dr. Loretta. I appreciate your advice. Well here's my Intro...

My name is Bianca. My husband and I were married in November of 2010. We've decided to start trying to conceive.  I've only been trying for less then a month now but I'm excited to start on this journey with my husband. Im on here for information, friends, shared experiences, and to talk with people who are going through the same thing as I. 

imageCluckyEV:

I missed the other thread, but the ladies on the TTGP board are some very smart ladies.  They will be able to help you figure out what your body is telling you about your fertility.  Like Dr.Loretta said, you have to remember that not everyone is going to be puppies & rainbows.  Not everyone on here is just starting on this journey, ladies have been trying anywhere from 1 month to over 2 years.  Be respectful of others and they will be respectful of you.  Lurk before you post.  Maybe even a DD apology since they were trying to help (some just want to feel each person out).  Relax.  No one knows you so don't be offended by how a few reply.  Have fun!  They areWink

Hi Bianca, welcome to the bump. I sent you a private message if you want to read it.

Like the previous posters have said, the girls on TTGP are really very insightful and a lot of fun and you will get a wealth of information from them, I just think you got off to a rocky start.

I do agree that an apology for deleting might be appreciated by the board but if nothing else, lurking will help a lot!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Oct Angel Babies
  • hello! I'm new too and just got a positive on my OPK today! we are super excited to TTC...we've had 2 miscarriages (the most recent this past march) and are hoping, wishing, and praying that this month is our month! Good luck and keep in touch!! feel free to PM me whenever :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello everyone, I am also new & excited! DH & I will be celebrating our 1 yr anniversary in July and have just begun actively TTC. I went off BC 2 months ago and am just starting to get familiar with my cycle. Good luck to everyone else in the same boat! And congrats to any pg ladies/new moms out there as well! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebtmickens:

Great! Now when you post on a board you've lurked on for a while, go ahead and post an intro like this and join in the conversation.GL

• Hi I'm new to this website and have posted on a couple other forums. I didn't introduce myself on those but I'm 28 have TTC for 3+ years now. Have had two BFP that ended in miscarriages, have done three rounds of IUI and I'm almost done with my first cycle of IVF (tomorrow is day 14 of 2WW).  I'm just as excited as you are, even though I have been at this for awhile. Lots of baby dust to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"