Military Families

Medical clearance

Does anyone know what I need for an overseas medical clearance? Some are saying I need a physical some are saying I do not.  This is confusing!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Medical clearance

• jb2rnjb2rn member

We are moving to Stuttgart, Germany. My husband got an email that listed all the things he had to do prior to receiving orders, and a physical for me was one of them.

It was very quick, but you do need a specific piece of paper they have to fill out and stamp. Your husband should have this.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• jb2rnjb2rn member

yes, you do. ask your husband to get the form your PCM needs to fill out. It was very quick, but they do need to sign and stamp a specific piece of paper.

ETA: sorry, bump was slow, thus the double post.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • It depends on where you're going and the medical facilities available there. For example, I didn't have to get a physical, but I did have to get a psychological profile (talk to a psychologist for about 10 minutes) and a dental check-up. For us, my spouse's sponsor sent me a list of things I needed to get done. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it depends on the branch. I needed a physical, my last 3 years of pal smwaar results, dental, TB test tetnus shot, then I had to fill out this long questionnaire and meet with a medical person.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • What branch and what O/S location?

Army ONLY -- I can email you the packet for screening and all further info applies. 
    If you are something else, smack the heck out of your husband and tell him to get on the ball, he is wasting time.

If you are on/near a mil installation, go to EFMP and tell them your spouse is on AI to an o/s location (orders are handy for this) and you need to be screened. All dependants accompanying him will need to be screened and it can be done on the same form.

He takes the form and submits it with the rest of his docs, it goes to EFMP/IMCOM for his gaining AI and they approve/disapprove based on medical requirements/restrictions and available care.  Don't lie just to come with him if there is something that can prevent you from the travel.  It is a PITA for the gaining unit and the Soldier. if for some reason you are not able to join him, then he can request to be dropped to a 2 year rather than 3 year tour. Depending on his rank, it may not be an option to request change of tour.

As an example of the need to be honest...female lied on her form and her husband knowingly submitted it. She has a condition that prohibits command sponsorship to the area he reported to, medical facilities are not available to the level that she would require (blood disorder). Little Miss Sunshine got pregnant and has been returned to stateside because we do not have the facilities in this area to treat her issues that are now complicated by pregnancy. The SM gets UCMJ for all sorts of fun things like false official statements etc.

So. BLUF, if you are Army, send me a PM with your email and info and I will send you a packet. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, we are AF and going to England.  I guess I will just go the appointment and see what they say.  I know I have the boys physicals and dental done.  My dental is almost done so I'll just see what they say about my physical.  They said they just need to once over the baby once he gets here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"