Postpartum Depression
Options

Did your anti-depressant pill make you gain weight?

If, so which one were you taking that may have caused that?

TIA

Re: Did your anti-depressant pill make you gain weight?

• Options
    I gained about 15 lbs on Lexapro. I was overweight to begin with so maybe it was the meds, maybe it was my poor metabolism. I did watch my diet and still seemed to gain slowly over a year though. But- I would take it again in a heartbeat even with the weight gain. It worked miracles for my PPD.
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Options

imagemrsbnlmel:
    I gained about 15 lbs on Lexapro. I was overweight to begin with so maybe it was the meds, maybe it was my poor metabolism. I did watch my diet and still seemed to gain slowly over a year though. But- I would take it again in a heartbeat even with the weight gain. It worked miracles for my PPD.

Thanks for your input.  My doctor just put me on Lexapro today - to combine with the Welbutrin that I'm already taking.  He "hopes" the Welbutrin will help me not gain wait from the Lexapro.  I'm overweight too.  I've been on Weight Watchers for about 2 months and I don't want my progress to go to waste.

Thanks again.  I hope the Lexapro helps.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep. About 20 or so lbs over a bit over a year. Zoloft. Worth every pound, but I am hoping it comes off once I taper off the meds.

I was in the healthy weight range before starting and am now just slightly over it (BMI of 25-ish).

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I gained about 15lbs with zoloft. I'm not losing the weight like I did with my first and I think it's because of the meds. I'm actually going in to see my dr to have my rx changed. My lack of weight loss is making me depressed. I don't know if I really need to be on it this time. I stayed on it to be proactive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know I'm late on this...but I would like to add that I was on lexapro for almost a year before BFP and gained no weight from it.  I went on zoloft as soon as I got BFP and have not gained any weight.  I did notice some appetite changes on the lexapro, but I tried to eat the same and exercise the same.

I had massive anxiety about going on lexapro in the first place because I have an eating disorder. It helped me get my life back.

There are so many factors that can lead to the weight gain....people may start to feel better and start eating more. Good luck I hope everything works out.

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I gained 20 lbs on a combo of seroquel, clomipramine and lithium. Can't lose it worth beans.
  • Options
    YulesYules member
    Lost all of my preggo weight and am now 2 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. I voiced my HUGE concert about weight gain to my therapist and she put me on Wellbutrin. It's an anti-depressant that is sometimes prescribed to help with weight loss. It worked on my weight, but I'm not sure it's helping much with the PPD. 
  • Options
    I actually lost weight while on Lexapro, which for some reason came as a shock to my OBGYN. I've been off of it for two weeks now though and have steadily been losing weight...not sure if it's because of that or because of other lifestyle changes though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"