March 2011 Moms
Options

when will my baby sttn?

she is almost 3 months and still wakes up 1-2 times a night to feed.  main reason we haven't moved her up to the crib yet.  only our master bedroom is on the main level and the other 3 bedrooms are on the second level and i don't want to move her up until she is sttn because i don't want to keep going up and down stairs all night.  and i usually get up a couple times to put the pacifier back in.  i got the halo sleep sack and that helps pretty well to keep her arms tucked in.  i am hoping at 4 months we can feed her more than just formula, it doesn't stick too long in her tummy and i'm afraid she is an eater like her mommy.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when will my baby sttn?

• Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    When ours started STTN we moved him to his crib.  Then he started waking up again, so that was a wash.  It really depends on the baby.  My mom said my brother didn't STTN until he was 18 months.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

20 weeks and 3 days. 

You can never tell, and even when they start, often times they regress at some point.  My first STTN at 2 months, and then when about 4 months, he woke up 1x a night until he was 8 months.  It is really up to them.

And most studies/books/pediatricians all say that there is no direct correlation between eating solids and sleeping through the night.  It is more dependent on your baby's development and their melatonin production.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is STTN now, but my DS didn't STTN until about 9 months. It really depends on the child. Is she sleeping in your room...? She might actually sleep better in her own room where she isn't hearing your sounds (snores, moans, turning over, bed creaking) all night long. I don't know if it really made a difference, but DS was in our room for two months, and DD was only in our room for two weeks.

• Options

Check out Happiest Baby on the Block. Getting E on a schedule has helped her sleep longer through the nights. Also, per the book, we started doing dreamfeedings and since we've been doing that she's slept from 9pm to 5am, then from 5am to 8am.

I think you can definitely train your baby to sleep through the night. I guess though, its up to what you want and what works with your family. Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSpin313:
    DD is STTN now, but my DS didn't STTN until about 9 months. It really depends on the child. Is she sleeping in your room...? She might actually sleep better in her own room where she isn't hearing your sounds (snores, moans, turning over, bed creaking) all night long. I don't know if it really made a difference, but DS was in our room for two months, and DD was only in our room for two weeks.

funny she slept til 7am today, shockingly.  i may try putting her in her room to see how she does, its worth a shot.  i really shouldn't complain though. she usually gets up twice a night to feed and thats it. 

• Options
    DS didnt sttn until 18 mo. DD was sttn from fivr weeks old and then stopped. Every baby is different and sttn wont become consistant until they are much older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mine just started last week.  He goes down around 10pm and get's up for a feeding around 5-5:30am.  Then he'll sleep another few hours usually.  To me that's STTN. 

He really started it once we put together a bedtime routine.  As long as we don't deviate, he's down for a solid 7 hours.  We eat, bathe, get dressed in jammies, read a book (or two) with the lower lights on in his room, then into the crib. 

The night we didn't bathe he was up for a couple hours.  But we also had visitors and we put him in his crib early, so we kind of messed up his schedule.  But so far it's working great!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"