April 2011 Moms
Options

bf moms that have lo sttn

are you getting up to pump every 3-4 hrs to pump to keep your supply up? there have been a few times our lo will sleep for 6 hrs but i feel like my boobs gonna burst... so she gets fed. im not a fan of waking a baby... should i just get up and pump every 3 hrs? 
BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: bf moms that have lo sttn

• Options
    I wake up to pump.  I don't set an alarm or anything.  My boobs will be so rock hard that I'll roll over and wake up from the pain. 
  • Options

E doesn't STTN yet but when Drew started (around 8 weeks I think?) I just slept.  I would wake up in pain from being full so I'd try and hand express to release a little bit and fall back asleep. I didn't pump and I didn't wake him.  Your body will adjust - it took about two weeks for me.

If you do pump, it'll keep telling your body to make milk then.  I have a friend that did that to build her stash.  At some point, if you want to sleep too, just do it.  It won't be painful for that long!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePAmiler82:

E doesn't STTN yet but when Drew started (around 8 weeks I think?) I just slept.  I would wake up in pain from being full so I'd try and hand express to release a little bit and fall back asleep. I didn't pump and I didn't wake him.  Your body will adjust - it took about two weeks for me.

If you do pump, it'll keep telling your body to make milk then.  I have a friend that did that to build her stash.  At some point, if you want to sleep too, just do it.  It won't be painful for that long!

Yep. DS doesn't always go through the night, but after the first few my body stopped hurting. I refuse to get up if I don't have to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    I dont wake LO to nurse and I pump when I get up in the morning.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't pump when he sttn and after a few days it doesn't hurt so much.  Your body will adjust for demand if you don't pump.  I sometimes express a bit with my hand to relieve the pain.

• Options

I don't get up to pump.  I just sleep and my body seems to have adjusted.  I still sleep with breast pads in just in case a leak a little.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Your body will adjust...if you wake up and pump, your body will keep producing at that time and you'll never be able to stop.  Sometimes I'll wake up very early and wish the baby would get up and eat since I'm very full and leaking, but I just wait it out and stick to her natural demand so that my body will adjust accordingly. 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"