Babies: 0 - 3 Months

LO with reflux, what formula do you use?

So I feel bad switching my LO formula so much. We first started him on Similac advanced because that's what the hospital gave us. Then we tried Enfamil Gentlease, to help with his gas, and it worked great but that made him poop 8 times in one day! Then the doctor gave us Enfamil AR for the reflux but I don't think it helped at all and he got constipated. So now we are back on Similac Advanced but he still seems really fussy at times. My friend had mentioned that she gives her LO Soy for his reflux and he was a whole different baby. Just wondering what everyone else found to work?

Re: LO with reflux, what formula do you use?

• We did the same thing, started on Similac Advance because that's what the hospital gave us and then switched to Gentlease, but poor baby had a hard time pooping and would cry for 30 minutes and grunt and turn red.

Finally landed on Gerber Good Start Gentle Plus and love it.  It doesn't smell bad like the other formulas and DD loves it.  She gets mad if we pull the bottle out to burp her so we have to wait until she is finished.  

I also stopped adding rice cereal to her bottles and that has helped with the gas and fussiness.  She does spit up more, but the Prilosec keeps it from burning so she doesn't mind too much.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sim sensitive works for us with 2 tbs of rice cereal in her 4oz bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Similac Advanced
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • (From the symptoms you?ve described (reflux, fussiness and constipation) it sounds like a milk protein allergy could be the culprit.  I wouldn?t recommend switching to soy because about half of LOs with a milk protein allergy also have a soy protein allergy so that may actually make things worse.  ITA with mrsV719 and her recommendation of a hydrolysate formula, like Alimentum or Nutramigen.  Hydrolysates are made up of broken down protein chains making them easier for LOs, like your DS to digest.
    Rachel Mom to 3 boys Augustboy02 - Sensational Sensory Kid Decemberboy04 -former reflux baby Augustboy10 - MFPI baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"