Attachment Parenting
Options

Would you be annoyed? Daycare

DS has been in daycare only since April and goes 2 times a week.  I decided to switch daycares, not because there was anything very wrong with his daycare, just I liked another one better.  I told the owner of his daycare that I was pulling him for the summer.  I didn't want to hurt her feelings, plus I have to give at least 2 weeks notice and didn't want things to be awkward when I saw her.

She told me that I should really put DS in daycare at least one day a week because he was one of the more "diffiult" kids to adjust to daycare.  I asked her what she meant by that and she said, well he would cry and cling to his teachers.  I am kind of annoyed because if he had such a hard time adjusting, why didn't anyone say anything to me before?

I knew he had one really bad day, but that was because he hadn't slept well the night before and was over tired.  But other than that, his teachers would always say he would stop crying after I left and that he had fun playing,etc.   They give a daily report and always had positive things to say.  I am going to ask his teachers when I pick him up if they thought he had as "difficult" time as the owner said.

I'm not sure if she just said that because it's her business and she doesn't want to lose anyone or if they are that bad that they wouldn't inform me of any problems he is having.  

I don't know if I am being overly sensitive or what, but I'm getting madder the more I think of it.  Would you be annoyed? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Would you be annoyed? Daycare

• Options
    I woul be very annoyed.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed by the suggestion to keep lo in one day a week for consistency. But, I would be annoyed if the daily reports were contradictory to their verbal assesments. I put a lot of tust into the reports and expect that any difficulties DD may have had will be communicated to us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

I worked in the day care field for over 20 years, if they are not reporting your childs behavior as it is then they are at fault.  A daily report is just that.

When you drop your LO off do you write on the daily report about the last feeding and how their evening/sleep was how LOs mood was when they got up.

I would talk to the ones who are with your LO all day.  If they are writing down one thing and your LO is having a different day all together they are only hurting your LO in the end. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    QuazelQuazel member

I would be very annoyed.  I think you need to talk to the teachers and not mention your conversation with the director.  I would ask how LO was doing and his demeanor.  If they say what they have been reporting then mention you had a conversation with the director who mentioned clinginess and upset and you were concerned.  See how they react.  If they initial also mention clinginess and upset then I would ask why they hadn't been reporting it. 

Hopefully it is just the director but the conflicting reports would make me happy I was leaving.  If it is the director then what could her reasoning be?  Financial?  If that is her primary concern then I wouldn't want my kid there although if the teachers are great I would deal.  If it is the teachers not telling the whole truth, I wouldn't want my kid there at all.

You have every right to be annoyed.  Let us know what happens!

• Options
    jshfjshf member

I did talk to the teacher and she said that DS has been doing well over all.  She said his biggest issue is taking a nap for the whole 2 hours.  But she said he's only been there a short time, and just going 2 days a week, it takes time to adjust.  She said he is still adjusting, but that she doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong or abnormal with his behavior.  She said he does want to be held a lot, but if they are doing an activity, she can just redirect him and he is fine.

So my conclusion is that DS was adjusting normally, but of course, he's not going to be as adjusted as a kid who goes daily and has gone since an infant.  And that the owner of the business was just trying to make me keep DS in school.  And lastly, I am definitely glad I am moving him in a couple of weeks!  Luckily the teachers have been great.  I just wasn't thrilled with the program and some of the disorganization.  Thanks for your support! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I would be upset. There is a part of me that wishes I knew more about LO's day. I wonder what the Daycare doesn't tell me.  But, if I knew she was having a hard time, there would be nothing I could do, and it would break my heart, so I also often wonder if I am better off not knowing and assuming everything is perfect all the time.  I would be upset though having confirmation that there was something going on and that I was kept in the dark.  The question is why is it that they are making the decision to tell you now. The approach of the woman on the subject is obnoxious.  As if you are ignorant, when she is the one that clearly kept the information from you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"