September 2011 Moms

glucose test... sent home?

Just curious.. At my last appointment, one of the nurses said something that made me think the glucose test was going to be sent home with me.. Did/does anyone get sent home with the drink to have before they come to their appointment? or was I just hearing things
photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: glucose test... sent home?

• Some people are allowed to take it home and just come in (or go to a lab) for blood work. Some OB's have you fast, and in that case, you wouldn't take it home because you would need a fasting blood draw before you drink, then again in whatever time frame your test is. A lot of people fail the one hour, so some doctors are doing a 2 hour, which is fasting blood, then drink, then blood at 1 hour and 2 hours. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine was sent home with me. I was given instructions on how to drink it. I'll be taking it at my 24 week appointment this time. With my DD I took it at 28 weeks. Maybe your office does it closer to 28 weeks.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I was sent home with mine today. I take it in two weeks
  • yup, mine is in our pantry and i'll put in the fridge the day before to make it nice and cold.  when i go to my appt, i just tell them what time i drank it so that they do the blood draw 1 hr later.  this is how i did it my first pregnancy too.
  • I wasn't sent home with mine.  I went to the lab and was given the drink there.  I just brought a book with me and watched the Casey Anthony Trial to pass the time. 
  • My Dr sent the drink home with me and told me to take it an hour before my appointment. Then when I came in I had to make sure I told the front desk when I drank it and then they would draw some blood and I would be done and my result would be in in about a week.

• Mine was sent home with me last appt with an instruction sheet. Funny thing is my BFF goes to the same office and had to take hers there and wait the hour, kinda glad they didn't make me do that since my appts are "long lunches" for me that I make the time up for here at work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yep, they gave it to me in advanced and told me to wait till I was 28 weeks and come in, but since I have an appointment on the 16th of June anyways I'll just drink it then and qet it over with since I'll be 28 weeks and 3 days by then so pretty convinient ;) my orange glucose drink and instructions are waiting for me in my medicine cabinet... Hope it doesn't taste too horrible XX
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • They sent me home with mine. But I also have to fast for mine. They want you in the office with in 30 min of drinking it. This is just in case you feel dizzy from not eating. They say to bring a drink and snack with you to eat as soon as they take your blood.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was sent home my last appointment. I get to drink it for next weeks appointment! I think that it's nice that way so you don't have to just wait around.
  • I got sent home with it so that I have the option to take before my next appt which I may do so that I don't have to spend an hour in the office.
  • Mine was not sent home with me.  I have to go to the lab for it.  I have to have it done between weeks 25 and 26.  I'm going to go on Tuesday since I have off from work and will be 25w2d.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• At my 22 week appointment (2 weeks ago) I was given the bottle of stuff to take home. I was instructed to drink it at home, an hour before my appointment, and just let the receptionist know, when I check in, that I drank it and at what time. They will probably do the finger stick or whatever right before my regular appointment.

ETA: My next appointment is at 26 weeks. So I will be having the drink/test then.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I got my bottle of drink yesterday, and have to drink it 45 minutes before my scheduled appointment time on my next appointment day.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • Thanks ladies! I'll have to wait and see but it seems like they will probably just have me take it home for before my next appointment.. :)
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"