TTC After a Loss

More OPK confusion....

Okay, so I posted yesterday about my new adventures w/ OPK's.  I started testing Sat night, then FMU for Sunday, Monday and today.  All were negative with very light lines.  Yesterday I had a tiny bit of EWCM, but not much at all.  I've also been having AF like cramps since yesterday.  I was thinking O was still at least a few days off.  I had a feeling I should test last night, but I didn't want to turn into a POAS junkie, esp b/c the line was so light in the morning so I didn't.    Well today I had a huge temp spike (link in siggy) and I'm totally confused!   Do you think it was just a wacky temp or could I have missed a big LH surge?  Obviously I have to wait and see what happens over the next couple days, but I'm just impatient!  lol    

Have any of you tested and found a really short surge of LH the same day as a light line?  Is this even possible?

PGAL/PAL welcome
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
My Ovulation Chart
3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi

Re: More OPK confusion....

• unless instructions call for FMU, it's best to use them about 10am and 2pm. If you're close to O dates, try to maybe do 10am, 2pm and 6pm. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LaTi07LaTi07 member
    I agree with noah-bear, definitely use OPK's multiple times a day when getting close to O date. I test 3 times a day, FMU, 1:30-2:30 pm & around 7 pm. I will notice a huge difference in results from FMU to 7 pm. My FMU could be super faint and my 7 pm be almost +. I say watch your temps for the next couple of days, but it could be possible you did in fact O, despite the - am results.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • lavrillavril member

Thanks for the info!  The box of OPK's said to use FMU and didn't mention it could change so much in a day!  It's amazing what our bodies can do!

The trouble with knowing when I'm "close" to O day is that - I've charted 4 cycles total (plus this one) and so far I've had O dates of 18 and 19 (pre m/c), and 51 and 65 post m/c!! (dx postpartum thyroiditis)   With that kind of range it's really hard to tell when I'm close to O date!   I was trying not to go broke on opk's, but it sounds like I need to test more than once a day to actually catch the peak.  Hopefully my cycles are back to "normal" now and this won't be so hard!

Thanks again :)

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • How frustrating! I started using the Wondfos from amazon because I was afraid I'd go broke as well. I use the smiley digitals with FMU when I see the ICs getting close to positive. I use the ICs two or three times a day because I'm afraid I'll miss the surge and they're so cheap so I figure why not? Your temp spike was pretty dramatic but I'd say keep using the opks until your temps stay elevated and FF gives you cross hairs. I guess the silver lining would be maybe your cycle is going back to your more normal pre m/c pattern. Good luck!
    BFP#1 2/4/11 m/c 3/4/11
    ?BFP#2 6/3/11 EDD 2/14/11?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for the frustration... they can so drive you nuts!  :)   Last cycle I was able to catch my surge/+OPK with FMU on a Sat., by that night at 11pm, it was neg.   (the night before at 11pm it was neg. as well).   This cycle seems like my surge may be just a tad longer.   I also test with ic's 2x a day (sometimes 3) and if I think it's +, I will double check it with a digital.     GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lavrillavril member
    Thanks everyone!  My temp went back down today so it looks like my body isn't quite back to normal just yet...   I'm going to try 2x a day for awhile and see how it goes  :)

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"