December 2011 Moms
Options

Has anyone else started their registry?

Is it weird that I really want to create some baby registries already?  Has anyone else started one (or 5) that is due in December?  Where are some good places to to create one besides Target or Babies R Us? Thanks!!

Re: Has anyone else started their registry?

• Options

I did, but I haven't told anyone about it. I started it as mainly a list to myself. When I think of something I add it. The only people that know are my parents and they requested I start one (even though I already had) because they want to buy things I want/need now. 

I won't tell anyone about my registry until it gets closer to shower time. I just have the basics on there until I find out the sex of the baby.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If I have a baby shower, I'll start one, but as of right now I'm not sure. I'll register at Buy Buy Baby for sure if I do a registry, I like that place a lot more than BRU!
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    karaknrkaraknr member

Embarrassed Ive kinda had one in the works since before I was pregnant. Not really so I could keep track of what I wanted other people to buy me, but so I could keep track of items I found that Id heard great recommendations on but knew Id never remember in 9 months. Ive since switched most of the things I had picked out from wishpot.com (which is a great site for storing all the things you want in one spot). to Target.com since I knew most people would shop for my shower there. Both registries are private and I have no plans to make them public until my showers (which wont be for a while).

There is so much I wanted to research about the products that I felt the sooner I started looking for things, the better. My other favorite registry place is Amazon.com. But this one will be a list of things that my H and I will buy for baby. You do get a discount when you register at most places to buy all the stuff you dont get, so I register for everything I need, though some find that tacky, but oh well!

• Options

Not yet and I think it's still early but most likely, I'll start one soon but keep it private-- mainly b/c I've heard from many other recent mommies that it's overwhelming and usually requires a few trips to BRU and some time spent online. Plus, I can't wait! I think it'll be fun, too!

I'm going with BRU simply for convenience. They're local, their website if pretty good and they're most likely to have the same items in a couple of months as they'd have in 6 months. (I like Target, too, and I know from experience, that's a great place for wishing well kinda items like butt wipes, diapers,bottles, etc. but I think BRU has a bigger selection b/c babies are obviously their specialty.

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. -- Einstein
  • Options
    imageMrs. Met:

Not yet and I think it's still early but most likely, I'll start one soon but keep it private-- mainly b/c I've heard from many other recent mommies that it's overwhelming and usually requires a few trips to BRU and some time spent online. Plus, I can't wait! I think it'll be fun, too!

I'm going with BRU simply for convenience. They're local, their website if pretty good and they're most likely to have the same items in a couple of months as they'd have in 6 months. (I like Target, too, and I know from experience, that's a great place for wishing well kinda items like butt wipes, diapers,bottles, etc. but I think BRU has a bigger selection b/c babies are obviously their specialty.

I have a registry going with BRU and one with Target. Its a convenience thing and I just like what they have. Its funny right now because everytime I see something disappear off my registry I know its my dad buying it....he's like a kid, super impatient.... 

• Options
    I did at a few special places, but also told no one.  I barely have a 1% chance of a shower, so I'm doing it to help be organized and to get the post due-date rewards (usually 10% off all remaining items).  Diapers.com and Land of Nod are my favorites.  I haven't liked most of the products Babies R Us or Target carry (nearly impossible to find anything natural, organic, or eco-friendly).
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm... maybe I'll have to start one to get organized and keep track of items I hear good things about, thanks for the tip ladies!! :)
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    I haven't started one officially at the store or online, but I did start a list of the items we want with the color choices depending on gender.  DH wants to go get one started and put girl things on because he is convinced we are having a girl but I want to wait until we know the gender.  I do have quite a bit picked out from going in and looking and helping my SIL research and register.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    karaknrkaraknr member

imageDiademChi:
    I did at a few special places, but also told no one.  I barely have a 1% chance of a shower, so I'm doing it to help be organized and to get the post due-date rewards (usually 10% off all remaining items).  Diapers.com and Land of Nod are my favorites.  I haven't liked most of the products Babies R Us or Target carry (nearly impossible to find anything natural, organic, or eco-friendly).

I was actually shocked to see all the eco friendly/ natural things that Target carries. They carry all California Baby bathing products and even carry BumGenius clothe diapers and several other things I found were to my natural preference. Obviously they dont carry as much as other places, but more than I thought they would!

• Options
    I have not started one but I like the idea of doing it now and not telling anyone this way I can realy take my time.
  • Options
    I have one started at Buy Buy Baby but it's under a fake name so that no one can find it.  I was starting to do research on the big items and wanted to be able to save a list of objects I want to look at even more closely when we actually do register.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options

I have on started at target just to keep working on ideas, I have and hear from others.  It is kept private as of now probably keep it that way until Sept/October when my showers would be. 

Still working on other ideas I would like to go cloth for diapers so I will have to do my research and chat with the cloth diaper board to get the best locations to order from.

Then crib I was thinking a mini as the baby's room is small more room for other things. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

We started one at Target. We had a "start a registry and get a 20 dollar gift card" coupon so we figured why not? 

There's not very much on there, and I am having trouble finding things to add :/ 

Even if we didn't have the Target coupon, we would have still registered there. While they don't have every single thing we need, I think it's more convenient for the majority of people. Plus, BRU is really overpriced. They typically want a lot more than any other place, and for the same item I just don't understand the markup. 

imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Options

No registry yet but I did start a private Amazon wish list so I can keep track of things that I like.

We'll probably register at Babies R Us and Amazon.

BFP #1 4/22/11 Missed m/c 6/2/11 D&C 6/3/11 @ 10w1d
    BFP #2 10/13/11 c/p 10/17/11
    BFP #3 12/13/11 EDD 8/23/12 DS Born 8/27/12
  • Options
    I started one on Target a few weeks ago.  Some people had been bugging me about making one, so I went ahead and started, though a lot of things I will have to wait to add until we find out the sex.   I haven't told anyone about it yet though.  Figure I just will if they ask about it again.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    I've picked out a few things, but haven't actually started a registry. I found a great checklist on Buy Buy Baby's website: https://www.buybuybaby.com/regchecklist.asp?
  • Options
    I haven't started a registry but have been researching stuff and writing down items and the websites that I have found them on. 
  • Options
    I actually found Burlington Coat Factory to have the same items as other stores for cheaper prices. Why not save my friends some bucks?
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I've started one at Amazon, but not made it public yet. All of the big ticket items I will have to buy here in Turkey, so can't put them on the registry, and some baby items (even smaller items) won't ship overseas. So i've put a lot of baby books and lullaby cds and toddler sign langage DVDs and such stuff on it that I know can ship to me here directly from Amazon, if people want to send something.

Otherwise I will to do some marathon shopping when I'm visiting family this summer and hope I can find the rest here! 

• Options
    You have all given me some great ideas!  I think I will do what most of you have done and just create one for myself to track ideas, and keep it private. "m just so excited to start shopping! Thanks ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"