Breastfeeding

Sick-Supply Tanked-almost 7 mos. in

So we were all sick over the weekend and since then my supply has tanked. I normally pump almost 6 oz. around 9-10am and today I only pumped 2.5oz, then I usually do another 4oz at 1ish today I only got about 2oz. DD has been nursing less because she was sick and I was also sick.  So what can I do to get my supply back up? We stated dabbling in solids but she's still almost entirely breast fed.  She does get one formula bottle a day during the week in daycare since I can't always pump enough (as in as many times as needed, not quantity per session) at work.  I know it's only one day that I've noticed low supply and I may be panicking for no reason but I'm worried!  I do have some fenugreek tea that I will make tonight but what else can I do?  I've never really had this problem!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Sick-Supply Tanked-almost 7 mos. in

• Lots of water, lots of rest. Take care of yourself and your supply will bounce back!
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nurse her as often as you can and add an extra pumping session for a couple of days if you need to get it up fast for work.  Like PP said take care of your body first!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby baby
  • Loading the player...
  • It'll come back.  Just keep nursing her and pumping, and add in another session.  My supply tanked last week because I got AF, and I added in another pumping session at work to try to make up for it.  Today I woke up hugely engorged, which hasn't happened since she was 3 days old.  I fed her at 7 am and pumped 8 ounces at 9 am.  Yay, boobies!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"