Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

i hate going to the dr office!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why can't they just have 2 waiting rooms one for pregnant women and one for women that lost their babies!!! Its been a couple of weeks and I thought I was over my loss but then I'm sitting here surrounded by pregnant women and all the memories rushed back into my head. I had to run to the bathroom and cry. For the past couple of weeks I've been good. I went out and mingled with family and I felt good now I feel like I'm at square one again! This is so frustrating.

Re: i hate going to the dr office!!!!!!!!!!!

• i am so sorry you had to go through that.. I am still ahead of my d&e followup appointment and I am dreading it a little because of that... I have had my share of being a sad woman in the happy OB waiting room and I fully support your idea of separate waiting rooms. Here it goes= I had my first OB appointment at 9+wks, (literally right after the 1st u/s appointment at which they didn't find the heartbeat and told us that this was an early pregnancy loss). Needless to say, my husband and I were hit over the head and heartbroken with the news but we followed to the OB office as scheduled. So there we were, in the OB waiting room, surrounded by the happy pregnant women. I didn't yet register. We sat in the corner and were crying a little UNTIL the lady joined us and she started joyfully talking to us about participation in the research study where they are going to follow me and the baby and they are going to need blah blah blah and baby's cord blood sample. I was swallowing tears not knowing how to stop her until i just burst into tears and told her that this is non viable pregnancy and however we wished otherwise, this doesn't have the happy ending.

I am sorry for her because I can tell that she didn't anticiate this and once she realized what I told her she apologized and backed off immediatelly. Separate room s would prevent such mix-ups..

Again, I am really sorry for your tragedy. One day this pain will subside and who knows- maybe we will be able to make good OB visists memories...

• I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Totally agree on the seperate waiting rooms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree on the waiting rooms and the exam rooms at my doctor's office are just as bad. I've been in at least half of the 20ish exam rooms and they all had poster sized pictures of sleeping newborns on the wall. Because that's what you want to look at when you've just been told you're losing your baby. I have always wanted to say something about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Such a GREAT idea.  Last week I had to leave my ob's office to go across the street to an ultrasound building to confirm what we already figured when my ob couldn't find a heartbeat.  We had to go back to my ob after and were stuck in the waiting room with all the happy, pregnant people right after finding out my first pregnancy that I was so thrilled about was not viable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I remember going through that same exact thing.  I was finally just starting to feel a little better and then had to go in for my follow-up appointment and all of those feelings came rushing back.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  I promise it does get better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC#1 since Oct. 2010 - BFP#1 1/16/11, D&C 2/18/11 BFP#2 8/19/11, EDD 4/28/12
  • Well I had to go and get my hcg levels checked today. My ob said to call on thursday to find out about my results so hopefully I won't have to go back. Hopefully my hcg level is 0 if not I will just take your advice and ask to sit in another exam room. I just want to feel normal again.
  • I totally know how you feel. I had my follow up yeterday. I welled up with tears in the waiting room. It was torture with all the happy, pregnant people and new babies. By the time I got to the exam room my BP was 160/100! Then to top it off I just got a call that my hcg is still 200 so I have another blood draw in 10 days. I hope you get better news tomorrow! :)
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • My OB office DOES have separate waiting rooms!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"