Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

when are/when did you potty training your son?

Our little guy is 25 months old with no real interest in sight. He will tell us when he has pooped and wants a new diaper, but I am not sure he even realizes that pee exists. He has done most things late, walking at 16 months, teeth at 15 months, only really started talking at 21, with most words about 2 years. He still doesn't speak in sentences. So I am expected he will be a little later here too, especially since he is a boy. My concern is that he will be 29 months when baby number 2 arrives and I know that transitional periods aren't good time to change things, so of course I was hoping he'd be ready this summer, but I doubt it. What are you all doing or what has been your experience?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

Re: when are/when did you potty training your son?

• Options

I first tried potty training my son hard core when he was 2 1/2. I tried stickers, prizes, charts, the whole 9 yards. He wasn't ready what so ever. He wouldn't go on the potty and when I put underwear on him he would still poop in them and didn't care. I reverted back to pull ups and diapers.

Then 5 months later- one month before his 3rd birthday I tried again. I explained to him that he was not a baby anymore and that he had to wear underwear. Only babies wear diapers. I took him to the potty every 15 -30 min for the first week or two to make sure he didn't forget, and to get a good routine going. Something must have clicked and he is doing great. I consider him fully potty trained because even when we go out he never has any accidents. ::YAY:: I'm so proud of him. He still wears a pull up at night but most of the time in the morning he is still dry. I really feel like all kids are different and just do everything at their own pace. HTH!

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    ncbellencbelle member
    We are going to try when we get back from vacation next week.  C has been randomly using the potty for months but we've held off on really pushing it because of E's arrival.   He'll be around 30 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We started PTing him when he was 2.5.  DS2 was about 4-5 months.  He did good with potty, but not interested in BM.  He regressed 100% a few months later.  I guess it is normal for kids to regress when the sibling hitys about 8 months.  At least that is what the pedi said. We put him back in a diaper/pull-ups.  A month later he asked for underwear and stopped having regular potty accidents,but still no BMs on the potty.  He was a little over 3 when he finally was 100%. 

I would not worry about PTing with a baby.  It really wasn't that bad. DS2 didn't crawl till almost 10 months so when we were in the bathroom I plopped him on the floor in there.  For BM we had to leave DS alone and he would do it so DS2 and I would sit on the couch while he did his business.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS will be 3 in August and I am due right before his birthday.  We're not going to push it--he shows no interest right now--so we'll just take his cues as they come...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think I'll attempt in 3-4 weeks when I'm out of work (teacher) for the summer. He knows when he goes now, and can talk in full sentences, and will pee on the potty if I ask him if he wants to. So I think he's close to being ready. I'll give it a go anyways! In your situation, I would probably wait. 
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Options
    When DS was 2.5 and we did the 3 day potty Training and it worked really well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"