2nd Trimester

Got the "over 35" talk today from OB

Sheesh. 

He said it only means they will do additional testing when the day gets close.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Got the "over 35" talk today from OB

• i got a lot more than that.  i had to sign off that i refused an amnio or cvs testing and got the prepared speech about how genetic testing is 99.9% correct and nothing else is as accurate.  but with the combined results of my nt scan/afp results i didn't find it nec.  my Dr agreed with me after i signed that she wouldn't do it either with my results but of course she had to offer it and give the speech.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • What McRib said...my Dr. said she has a lot more 35 and over patients than non. I didn't get much of a talk.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't get a speech at all so I'm guessing it's kind of the norm around here too. 

On a side note "McRib" is an interesting screen name....and now I want one! lol

• Like pps, I live in an urban area and I asked my doctor if my age was anything to worry about (32). She said she rarely sees patients younger than me who are there on purpose.
  • I am 36 and I was the one who brought up add'l testing etc...but he didn't feel any of that was necessary.  love the term "advanced maternal age" - NOT!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just curious... Is this your guys' first child? I read that it was more difficult to get pregnant after 30 with your first. Did you find this to be true?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To answer the PP, generally, egg quality begins to decrease the older you get, so a 35 year old theoretically could take longer to get pregnant than a 25 year old.  That said, I get pregnant if my husband even looks at me (ie super easily, both with DD and this LO), and I'm 36 (was 34 when I got pregnant with DD).  And on the flip side, I have a friend who never could get pregnant on her own, and after 7 years of trying had to resort to IVF at the age of 31 (which was thankfully successful).   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrzHozMrzHoz member

imagextinaxmariex:
    Just curious... Is this your guys' first child? I read that it was more difficult to get pregnant after 30 with your first. Did you find this to be true?

I am 31, and we got pregnant in the first cycle of trying.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"