August 2011 Moms

Hitting a Wall at Work....

Physically, I feel okay, but mentally, i've checked out. I have 34 more working days until I'm on leave (and probably not coming back). 34 seems so little, but I can't sit still anymore.  Plus, I have so much to do. I don't want to leave people hanging when I'm gone.  Anyone else?

Re: Hitting a Wall at Work....

• I am a teacher and I definitely hit the wall at the end.  Not when the kids were there, but in the days following, in which I was trying to clean out and empty an entire classroom.  I am taking the year off next year, so I had to get every last paper clip out of that room.  I worked Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday and Friday, and then this morning.  By the end, I was literally just pitching things.  It is amazing the amount of stuff that builds up in a classroom throughout a school year.

GL making it through these last days!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was done as of today.  A cross between REALLY good chance that I was going to loose my job anyway and my Dr told me I needed to cut back the stress level (45-90 min commute both ways).  It was a last min kinda of agreement between my boss and I.  This week has been the worst for having any motivation at all.  I was like what is the point I am done in a few days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my maternity leave begins 7/1 and I am definitely hitting a wall as well.  I lack motivation and I am not caring as much about the quality of my work.. I just keep thinking four more weeks please get me out of here!!  Here's to hoping this time goes quick =)
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wish I had the option to not work. Sounds amazing! I will be working up until she is ready to come out, then I'll be back at work 10 weeks later. I am envious of all the mom's that get to take all that time off!
  • I'm also in the same place. I only have to come into the office 15 more times (but who's counting) and get to work 2 weeks from home before I leave until November (if I come back.) I can't seem to get myself motivated to start work or continue to work. I'm tempted to take more vacation time between now and the start of my maternity leave. My company hasn't been very supportive during my pregnancy so I think that's also contributing to my attitude.
    TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • I plan on working right up until the bitter end, but I have 45 minutes left at work and I just realized that I did nothing today...oops!
    image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man me too! I am working right up until the baby comes in August, but two weeks before my due date I get to work from home. It isn't really helping though...all I want to do is go home and nest. My manager has been supportive, but her manager is crazy so I think that adds to my stress. They want me to tell them the exact date I am coming back from leave this week, which is crazy! Our HR keeps saying that I can't say until I have the baby because short term and FMLA won't kick in until then. I understand they want to plan, but it makes me want to say "I'LL COME BACK WHEN I COME BACK!" Probably not very professional...lol! GL, I keep calling it "Baby-itis" like Senior-itis in High School!
  • KD+BCKD+BC member
    I was doing fine until today when it was 92 degrees out and my school is not air conditioned. By the afternoon I was so hot and tired that I had the kids play with Math manipulatives for 45 while I sat in front of my fan. Only 16.5 days left with kids and 19 days left for me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagebradandkatie:
    Oh man me too! I am working right up until the baby comes in August, but two weeks before my due date I get to work from home. It isn't really helping though...all I want to do is go home and nest. My manager has been supportive, but her manager is crazy so I think that adds to my stress. They want me to tell them the exact date I am coming back from leave this week, which is crazy! Our HR keeps saying that I can't say until I have the baby because short term and FMLA won't kick in until then. I understand they want to plan, but it makes me want to say "I'LL COME BACK WHEN I COME BACK!" Probably not very professional...lol! GL, I keep calling it "Baby-itis" like Senior-itis in High School!

that is so perfect!

image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Girl, I feel you!  I am a teacher, and have about 13 teaching days left this year.  I have mentally checked out already, but so have the kids!!!  I used to spend my break, planning...now I spend it shopping on zulily, checking the bump, and reading pregnancy articles online.  Ah well.....
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
  • OMG Get me out of here please!!! I started training the woman that will take over my job when I leave about a month ago. I have no desk, no computer, no anything and literally sit here on my laptop in the conference for 8hours a day. ughhh
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LJR 84LJR 84 member
    I'm right there with you. To top things off, we're in the middle of our slow season, so time seems to drag. I haven't decided when my last day will be yet, but I've got a good 6-7 weeks. Ugh.
  • imagetandb2010:
    I was done as of today.  A cross between REALLY good chance that I was going to loose my job anyway and my Dr told me I needed to cut back the stress level (45-90 min commute both ways).  It was a last min kinda of agreement between my boss and I.  This week has been the worst for having any motivation at all.  I was like what is the point I am done in a few days.

Why were you going to lose your job anyway? THat is awful Sad

I have been counting down till I'm done here...I do not plan on coming back after maternity leave. My plan to work my own business hard is not a guaranteed paycheck but I know it's what I have to do. My job has been terribly stressful and the stress level has only been increasing till last week I finally had my annual review (6 months overdue!) and my reviewer rated me at less than average to average in all categories. It was extremely disheartening and I thought, why am I working my ass off while being so sick? It's obviously NOT paying off :( I can't wait to get out of here....12 more weeks :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just went to count down how many days I have left and it's around 50 if I work up until the week before my edd.

I kind of checked out at the beginning of this pregnancy.  My job has been giving me the run around for the last 2 years and then in the middle of my pregnancy uprooted me to a new office (corporate) for no good reason. I am just kind of done. 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"