2nd Trimester

15 weeks - Belly Size Poll :)

Hi Ladies,

I've snuck over here from the first trimester boards for some advice...

I have a bit of a dilemma - I am getting married July 16...which will make just pretty much bang on 15 weeks...AND I had already purchased my wedding dress months ago.

I know everyone is really different and it's hard to say - but I'm wondering what the chances are I will fit my dress still - is anyone at 15 weeks still in regular clothes? The top of the dress is a corset and probably doesn't have much give...(nevermind the size of my boobs!!!).

This is my first baby...I'm 5'10"...and was a healthy weight (BMI of 23) prior to getting pregnant (although I've already put on 6 lbs..lol).

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 15 weeks - Belly Size Poll :)

• I think if the top doesnt have much give, you might have a little problem! I was pretty round already, at 15 weeks. Good luck!
  • IDK, for me at 15 weeks I wasn't really showing. I was pretty much just bloated. 
    pregnancy calendar BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Being corset I would think it could give out a little...but if it doesn't, I would consider having it let out. Find a seamstress that can work fast so you can give it to her beginning of July with your new measurements. If she can do a week turnaround, you will have a little time to make sure it fits.  And Congrats!
  • I can still wear normal clothes at 17 weeks, it all depends on your body.
  • I wasn't showing with either pregnancy at 15 weeks. I wouldn't choose a dress that's tight-fitting, though. The good thing is that you're tall, so the corset might not be a big problem. I'd think that corsets were adjustable, though? Anyway, I think you should be OK. (I'm five feet two inches tall...)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • With my 1st baby I was in regular clothes until 28 weeks.  Not so much now as this is baby #4 LOL

Good luck I would say make sure you get a back up dress now with an empire waist just incase!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
  • 2-Step2-Step member
    Like pper said I would just have it let out as much as possible, maybe an inch or two. If it is a tiny bit too big you can always layer a thicker corset underneath to fill it out. I doubt you would need more than 1-2 inches of extra room and hopefully it can do that. With my first I was barely unbuttoning my pants at 15 weeks and I am tall and have a long body as well.
  • Thanks for the info everyone :)

It's super hard to know what to do...I've already put on quite a bit of water weight...so I'm going today to see if it even still fits me...but I agree that I should probably get a back-up just in case...

The place I bought it from doesn't sound very optimistic..BUT...she may just figure that here's an opportunity to sell another dress!

• I think it varies person to person. I'm 26 weeks, have gained 15lbs to date and can still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans (well, I can't button them but if I zipper them, they stay fine Embarrassed)

hopefully you won't have any problem either, good luck and congratulations! Smile

• You might have to get it let out just a little but since you are tall, you might not be showing much since baby has more room to grow inside your torso.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • I was only a 24 inch waist before I got pregnant. I was a huge fitness buff ( and still work out) . But at 15 weeks, my regular clothes don't fit, and I am a 33 inch waist! I gained 10 lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like you said, everyone is different, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

I'm 5'11", have a BMI of 22, and am 14.5 weeks pregnant with my first. I am still wearing regular clothes and am not showing at all...but who knows, I could pop in the next week!

Congrats on your wedding and the baby!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had to have a bridesmaid dress taken out 1.5" when I was12 weeks pregnant. My boobs were a full size bigger and my tummy was a little bigger as well. Even my hips had widened!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is def. a hard one to answer for you since every woman is shaped and grows differently! I'm 5'10" and was def. starting to show at 15 weeks (not huge, but I had a bump for sure!).  I think a corset style dress would have been so uncomfy for me at that point since you can't exactly suck in.  Some woman aren't showing at all at 15 weeks! Like someone else said, see if you can find a seamstress with a quick turn around that could hopefully work some magic for you if you need it!
  • It really is impossible to say how big you'll be by then... but anyway, at 15w 1d I'm still wearing my regular clothes.  However- my waistband has to be below the bump, and I wouldn't be able to wear something that was fitted or tight pre-pregnancy. 
  • lkf041lkf041 member

I'm 15 weeks and not really showing yet.  I'm 5'11 ( and 151 lbs) but I haven't gained more than a lb or 2 so far.  Being tall helps us hide it longer, hopefully it helps you fit into your dress!

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will be 16 weeks on Thursday and I am still in some of my regular clothes (Pre pregnancy I was a size 4 and now I am wearing my size 6 pants)... it all depends on your body.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 17 weeks pregnant. At about 14 weeks my pants started to get snug. For me the area above my belly button is what poofed out, below the belly button I don't really look pregnant or rounded at all. So everyone is different. It is really hard to say...
  • I'm 5'9 and right now (at 16 1/2 weeks) I think I'd have a bigger issue with getting my boobs into something than my stomach, they exploded pretty early. I'd imagine that the corset will be a life-saving for both boobs and tummy cinching.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You might be wearing your regular clothes at 15 weeks but they wont fit the same.  When your tummy grows so does your rib cage.  It might not be seen by the naked eye but its happening every week slowly.  Is it lace up in the back or just zipper?  Lace up will allow you to have a little give but a zipper might not.  Was it snug at your fitting?  I'd at least be talking to a seamstress about what she thinks and how long it would take to let it out a little.  You dont want to try it on days before the wedding finding out that it doesnt work.  Good Luck and Happy Wedding!
  •  I'm coming up on 20 weeks and still nobody can tell I'm pregnant. So far I have gained about 4 pounds, and I'm 5'8''. It would be really hard to guess where you will be weeks from now, but I think taller people tend to show a little later. Congrats on the wedding and good luck!

• I'm 21 weeks along and barely showing. People can only tell when I wear form fitting clothing. I still wear my normal clothes pretty regularly, though they're getting snug. :) I've only gained 4.5 pounds so far (I'm 5'2), so it's definitely possible that your dress will still fit. I would just watch my salt intake around your wedding day; no need to contribute to the bloat that already comes with pregnancy. :)

Congrats!! 

• jb2rnjb2rn member
    I am in week 15 and not able to button my jeans. I can wear my regular pants that have more stretch, but fitted jeans require a belly band or rubber band.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Good luck.. we are all different- but I'm def showing at 15 weeks.  None of my pre-preg pants fit, but I can still do the shirts.  Go over to the Nov 2011 boards and you can see pics of girls for Hump Day Bump Day (it's called HBDB on the post).  We all post our bumps every Wednesday and we're all within the 14-18 week range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"