LGBT Parenting

Re: TTT

• Options

1. This weekend is our agency's annual benefit at the waterpark!  I am so excited, I love going but am really self conscious this year because of my weight.

2. Iz has a cold.  Lots of sneezing, boogers, watery eyes, and a BIG OL' ATTITUDE to go along with it.  Please let this cold pass quickly.

3. 5 more days of school for A, then 7 weeks of summer that hopefully take their time and aren't too hot!  I love this time of year.

4. We found out why our LL wants to sell the house...  Foreclosure.  It hasn't happened yet but the process will be starting very soon if he doesn't make a payment.

5. #4 is making us nervous.  What happens if we don't get all of our financing stuff in order before they foreclose on the house?  Where are we going to live?

6. J jumped on top of figuring out the financing yesterday after I told her the news, hopefully she answers when the loan officer calls her.

7. I need to take the cats to the vet, two of them need a rabies booster and the kitten needs her first shots.

8. J and I agreed on a design for redoing the bathroom if we get the house. 

9. We found cabinets at HD that we really love for the kitchen, they are light gray, not really what I had envisioned but now I have a new vision for the kitchen.

10. I really hope we get the house...

• Options
    2brides2brides member

1. I am having a very shorted week. We got a call at 10am that the boys' school was closing at noon becuase of the heat (95 with a heat index of over 100.) Some of the classrooms don't have a/c (theirs does.) Thankfully, L was working from home and picked them up. I am leaving in an hour so L can work the remainder of the day. And then on Friday I am in late because of the kids' PK graduation. Suhweeet!

2. Since I'll be home early, I am taking the kids to the pool this afternoon. Not a bad gig. :)

3.  I really should be finishing up some work stuff rather than doing TTT.

4. I can't seem to grasp that today is Tuesday. When this was posted, I thought, "why is she posting this on Monday.' Oops.

5. I had free pizza today for lunch. YAY! I love when I don't have to buy lunch!

6. The vending machine was out of diet coke so I am drinking ginger ale. It reminds me of being sick as a child.

7.  I need to buy a new pool bag that can hold 4 towels plus sunscreen, pool toys, etc. I think I am getting this one https://www.amazon.com/White-Caribbean-Blue-Mesh-Beach/dp/B002L3J6JU/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

8. I wish there was a Whole Foods closer. Those sweet onion burgers are DELISH. I would LOVE to have one for dinner.

9.  L is doing Weight Watchers and has lost 6lbs. I wish I had the motivation. Wonder why I don't? I certainly need to find it.

10.  With the heat this weekend, we let the kids play Wii. They did a great job of  taking turns, playing nicely, and worked up quite the sweat doing it (which made me feel a bit better about them playing.)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I really hope my treadmill gets delivered this week. 

2. DW has been extra supportive of all my goals lately (financial, physical, etc) which is extra nice considering the distance.

3. LO has been whining in daycare allllllll day. There isn't anything wrong (except maybe a tooth) but nothing is making her happy.

4. I need to drink more water.

5. I love, love, love this heat!

6. My parents are awesome! They've mailed K more packages than I have :-p

7. K is applying for another job that isn't on this continent. It's a good thing I'm good at this long-distance thing :-p

8.  The color green is under-rated.

9. 2.5 more hours.

10. Kara Dioguardi is on another reality show.  I don't care about the show, but watching it last night reaffirmed my crush (even when she wasn't looking the best).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. I too, am still adjusting to the idea that today is Tuesday.

2. DD's class is learning about castles and princes and princesses this week. They are going to build castles out of cereal and cracker boxes and on Friday they get to come to school in dress up clothes. How fun is that?

3. I got my eyes checked this morning and have been squinting *trying* to do some work.

4. I think DD is officially growing out of naps and that makes me sad. But I am all about instituting afternoon quiet time when she's at home with me.

5. My gf and I are taking small steps towards moving in together about a year from now when DD finishes kindergarten at the school she attends now.

6. Thinking about #5 makes me smile because my gf says that I "ruined everything" in the most loving sweet and teasing way she can.

7.  I think I am going to get this shirt for Pride. Rather fitting for me... t-shirt

8. My dad retired last week and got an iPad and a super nice BBQ as retirement gifts. Lucky him!

9. We are supposed to have a sunny weekend...I hope this actually happens. We've barely made it to 70 degrees just a few times this spring.

10. Ok, back to work for me...

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

10. Kara Dioguardi is on another reality show.  I don't care about the show, but watching it last night reaffirmed my crush (even when she wasn't looking the best).

i was thinking of you as I was watching (and crushing on Jewel!)

• Options

1) Hope, hope, hoping for good weather this weekend.

2) its Sprout's family party and I'd rather not have everyone in my house

3) i feel terribly unprepared!

4) trying to find a push handle without the tricycle is nearly impossible

5) Sprout's preschool graduation theme is 50's. 

6) I dont get it. Why do you need a theme for a graduation??

7) we're car shopping and its exciting. a 2 door honda civic just isnt practical for a family of 5

8) i'm trying to lose weight.  really, i am.

9) we had such an awesome time on vaca and i'm sooo happy with the pictures.

10) I love puddle jumpers. They work so well on both my big kids (one approx 41lbs and the other 24lbs) - RB was even swimming/floating independently in it! she's my water rat for sure.

• Options

1. A lot of people in my office recently retired or started working from home 2-3 days a week. I think that they have not compensated for this with the A/C, and are still cranking it as if this place is full of warm bodies. I'm guessing it is in the low 60s in my office. Brr!

2. On the flipside, head index is over 100 outside. Yuck.

3. We really need to go grocery shopping tonight, but I don't think we will have time. I might have to get creative for lunch tomorrow. (Steel cut oats...?)

4. I'm not a big fan of the heat, but I LOVE shorts and flip-flops and sundresses. Silver lining.

5. I had totally unnecessary pizza for lunch. I'm glad tomorrow is my WW weigh-in day and I can refocus.

6. Sun causes cancer. Sugar causes cancer. Cell phones cause cancer. Someone please cure cancer already.

7. I think I'm all out, but that's OK, b/c my "what I did this weekend" post was much too long :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageleapgirl8:

3. We really need to go grocery shopping tonight, but I don't think we will have time. I might have to get creative for lunch tomorrow. (Steel cut oats...?)

You can make steel cut oat risotto, cook the oats per the instructions on the can/box/bag but use chicken or veggie stock in place of the water.  Stir in ideas: peas, parmesan, cubed ham, mushrooms, chicken, etc.

Oat Risotto with Peas and Pecorino
    Oat Risotto with Chicken
    Oat Risotto with Butternut Squash and Mushrooms

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

7. K is applying for another job that isn't on this continent. It's a good thing I'm good at this long-distance thing :-p

Boo... how long would that be for? 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options

1. A quick one since it's already 4:15!

2. I was very confused at first, why TTT, its only Monday?! Love that I was wrong! 

3. My best friend is 42 weeks pregnant... she's going in for an induction tomorrow, but she's having consistent contractions now, so hopefully she doesn't make it that long! 

4. I'm dying to meet this little girl, my goddaughter! 

5. In DC for work tomorrow... can't wait to see my baby bro for lunch. 

6. I'll be back here by 4 though, so I'd love to be able to visit a new baby! 

7. In DC again on the 16th. Maybe I'll see my aunt or uncle? 

8. Only 3 weeks until summer starts... and I'm sick of this hot weather already. Ugh. 

9. Gwen was up cry hysterically at 9:45 last night... don't know what was up, maybe her molars (almost in) bothering her? Gave her some Motrin and she slept until 5:30!! Yay. 

10. I think all the crying stimulated the girls, I pumped 9oz in my first pump this morning... I normally only get 6. Crazy. 

Bonus - 11.  Come on baby girl!! Angel

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    1. My phone has spent the day in denial that it is a smartphone, thus severely limiting my bump/nest time (I read a lot on the bus, where I spend a lot of time...) 2. We arrived home yesterday froma whirlwind trip to DW's family in Wisconsin. 3. We went to the Madison farmer's market and I told DW that we can move there after our children are born and we have second parent adoptions. Haha. We won't really, but it would have a lot of advantages! 4. We ate the most amazing "spicy cheese bread" that was like challah and cheese curds mixed together in doughy goodness. Um, time for me to do WW too... 5. DW and I have started playing with the idea that we might not move before we have a child...this freaking city sucks you in and won't let you leave. :) 6. I bought swimsuits from Avenue and Lane Bryant and am hoping one of them makes me happy... 7. Greece Greece Greece, wweee. Just a few more weeks. 8. Oue plane was 4 hours late on Friday so we got to the inlaws at 2am. 9. Thinking more about vacation than work. 10. My work still has not restored my access to the important database I should use everyday. Sure glad you blocked facebook so that I could not do my job for several weeks... (Not really, because I've gone to our other office to get stuff done..but STILL!)
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

2. We arrived home yesterday froma whirlwind trip to DW's family in Wisconsin. 3. We went to the Madison farmer's market and I told DW that we can move there after our children are born and we have second parent adoptions. Haha. We won't really, but it would have a lot of advantages! 4. We ate the most amazing "spicy cheese bread" that was like challah and cheese curds mixed together in doughy goodness. Um, time for me to do WW too...

I wonder if we crossed paths!  We live in Madison and were there Saturday at the Market.  Mmmm.....Stella's spicy cheese bread...I get a spicy cheese empanada from them once or twice a year as a treat.  Welcome to the dark side :)  If you are interested in more reasons to move to Madison, we have lured many friends in :)  Unfortunately, our current adoption laws are not one of them.

• Options

1.  We spent a whopping $1,500 on air conditioners last night.  It was either that or drop $6,500 on central air.. for the time being, we made the right decision.. my house is arctic. 

2.  I positively detest being hot.  I am terrified of being 8 months pregnant in August.

3.  Our neighbor is stressing me out.  I think we are going to cave and fence/tree in just that side.   I am calling for someone to give an estimate tomorrow... I need his super cranky being out of my world.

4.  I am nearly finished with my cloth diaper stash!  All I need is 1 more wet bag and a couple newborn covers!

5.  What am I going to obsess about when it is complete?!

6.  K is going to fertility solutions next month to start IVF.  I don't know if she will actually do the implantation for a few months.. our nephew is getting married in Ireland next May and if she is 'too' pregnant, we can't go.  I say screw Irelend, but K is really excited for it.  So I think she is going to see if she can do the egg retrieval over the summer (she's a teacher) and then do the implantation over the winter.

7.  She wants to talk to BostonGayGal and find out what it was like

8.  BGG, if you read this can you PM me your email address, if you wouldn't mind answering her questions?

9.  I can't wait for Ptown on the 20th.  I think about it all.day.long

10.  Corn on the cob is nearly done.. I should go put the steak tips on the grill.  Hope everyone has a great night!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagectbride08:
    imageTwo*True:

i was thinking of you as I was watching (and crushing on Jewel!)

You and your blondes! Wink

I was trying to figure what my attraction to her is (because she's cute but not super stunning) and I'm going with her mouth.  I think it has something to do with the way she talks, pronounces words, something. lol!

• Options
    imageMeegs10.13.06:
    imageTwo*True:

Boo... how long would that be for? 

Actually if she got this job I'd likely go with her.  But this would be a MAJOR change so there would be lots of discussion first.  I don't even know if she would take the job when it came down to it.  However I told her that she should definitely apply and then if she were to get it we would talk about things then.

• Options
    imagectbride08:

7) we're car shopping and its exciting. a 2 door honda civic just isnt practical for a family of 5

I don't know what you are looking for but we LOVE our 2008 HHR, and our 2009 Toyota Prius, both are two door. The HHR could easily fit 3 small kids in back and a TON of stuff in the back, and the gas mileage is great! 

My BIL also LOVES his Jeep Cherokee for hauling around his 3 kids. 

• Options

First off, I apologize for the messed up formatting of my post.  My phone is apparently having an existential crisis.  

Madisonpeas - That's so funny!  There were of course 9 million people there, but it's very crazy that we could have crossed paths!  That cheese bread is one of the best things I've ever eaten.  And, we have $25 of cheese curds (you can't really get good fresh ones out here) and toasting cheese at home now.  DW is a UW Madison alum, and I'm sure it would absolutely thrill her to move back.  I think she has nightmares about raising "coasties" but alas.  We've decided to make legal recognition an important factor in our location, so we'll likely be in New England or stay in NY or NJ. 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

1. I'm waiting for class to start she's late and there are only 5 other people here for this class. I think everyone is taking an extended vacation.

2. I think I should start selling my invitation designs on Etsy, I'm worried no one will buy them though. I guess it's worth a shot. 

3. Bills are stressing me out lately, I hope DW gets the new job she applied for. She deserves it, and we need it. I feel bad only working PT but I MUST get through school. 

4. We are putting in a fence this weekend, and taking the money away from some of our bills. (not paying off a cc this month like we should). Because taking three dogs out on leashes is becoming way too much work, and our largest dog April has gotten away from us 3 times. 

5. We don't have central air, we've been camping out in our back bedroom with a small window unit. I can't wait to get a larger whole house window unit, so I can live in my house again. Anyone know anything about portable a/c's? any suggestions? 

6. I can't wait for DW to get her MBA, but the fear of student loans freaks me out. We could buy a BMW or two. . 

7. I cut my hair, and I'm STILL loving it a ton!

8. DW is has two king shows a month starting this month. I'm not sure I can handle being out till 2am or later twice a month. It makes me feel old. 

9. I have a harmless crush on one of the other 'kings'. There is something about her that is so freaking hot, I think it's how nice she is.  Sigh, I guess the plus side to this is that we get to hang out all of the time.

10.  I really wish it wasn't so warm here, it makes me hate getting in and out of the car.

• Options
    1.  WIth the day I have had I almost have to do a TTW (ten things wednesday!)
    2. I just got home from working 45 min ago.  I worked all day, did 4 interviews after school, then tutored.  I am tired.
    3. We looked at a possible apartment (well the down stairs apt in the house we would be in) and it looks promising.
    4. We would have 3 beds and a study and 2 bathrooms.  I really want to do it but we need to see the actual apartment.
    5. I would love to be out of my too small not cared for apt.  DW is leaning towards yes but is not sold yet.  The fact that our lawn has not been mowed in about 2-3 weeks might help my case.
    6. Only 15.5 school days left!  Can I do a happy dance???
    7. I am glad to be almost done although I enjoyed the kids this year.
    8. I have not blogged in over 2 months.
    9. I am starting again tomorrow.  For some reason I need to start again of the first of the month.
    10. So blog readers be prepared for the update of updates!
    11. Options
      imageKershnic:

That cheese bread is one of the best things I've ever eaten.  And, we have $25 of cheese curds (you can't really get good fresh ones out here) and toasting cheese at home now.  DW is a UW Madison alum, and I'm sure it would absolutely thrill her to move back.  I think she has nightmares about raising "coasties" but alas.  We've decided to make legal recognition an important factor in our location, so we'll likely be in New England or stay in NY or NJ. 

Ditto all that about all of the aforementioned forms of cheese Big Smile  And I totally get legal recognition.  If you are ever interested in getting together here, let us know!

12. Options
      imagerikkiandjulie:

5. We don't have central air, we've been camping out in our back bedroom with a small window unit. I can't wait to get a larger whole house window unit, so I can live in my house again. Anyone know anything about portable a/c's? any suggestions? 

The units on wheels that have a flexible vent hose going to the window that Cost.co sells are pretty good. I'm sure you can find them on amazon or other places on the web too. They would probably cool a good portion of your home.

13. Options
      imagemadisonpeas:
      imageKershnic:

That cheese bread is one of the best things I've ever eaten.  And, we have $25 of cheese curds (you can't really get good fresh ones out here) and toasting cheese at home now.  DW is a UW Madison alum, and I'm sure it would absolutely thrill her to move back.  I think she has nightmares about raising "coasties" but alas.  We've decided to make legal recognition an important factor in our location, so we'll likely be in New England or stay in NY or NJ. 

Ditto all that about all of the aforementioned forms of cheese Big Smile  And I totally get legal recognition.  If you are ever interested in getting together here, let us know!

I'll keep that in mind!  It sounds fun, but unfortunately we don't get to Madison all that often. 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
      Cautiously optimistic.
    14. Options
      imagemadisonpeas:
      imageKershnic:

I'll keep that in mind!  It sounds fun, but unfortunately we don't get to Madison all that often. 

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
      Cautiously optimistic.
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "