Nurseries and Baby Gear

Shopping Lists?

Hi all - this is my first baby and I need help trying to figure out what I need to buy! Can anyone recommend a good resource of must have's?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shopping Lists?

• A copy of Baby Bargains will help you research brands and features for the big gear.  For the smaller items, I found that my mom friends had some great advice and they reviewed my registry/shopping list.  The baby stores have sample lists.  I found them to have way too much on them, but it will give you a basic idea of what you need.

Also, if you will lurk back a few pages on this board, I think you will find some must haves/don't bother posts.  They come up pretty regularly.

• Baby Bargains has great unbiased information and ratings on products in all category areas.

Lucie's List is also very helpful.

• Loading the player...
  • imageGracieLou Freebush:

Baby Bargains has great unbiased information and ratings on products in all category areas.

Lucie's List is also very helpful.

This exactly. Those 2 resources really helped me a lot. I would also go on to Amazon.com and check out the reviews for thier best sellers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get Baby Bargains, but even more than that.....talk with a friend/relative/co-worker who has had a baby recently (like within the last 3 to 5 years). That is the best resource. Go to the baby store and bring them with you and they will tell you what you need, what is nice to have, and what is just a gimmick. That was SO helpful for me.
  • I reccommend carrying a notebook with you all the time. Write down items you think of, or something you see that you like. Take the list with you when you're ready to register. I did this and it was so helpful! You could also start an online wishlist on Amazon and keep it private.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"