Cloth Diapering
Options

Anyone else with a simple stash?

When I first started researching CDing, before DD was born, I stressed out over all the super expensive fitteds and gorgeous wool that I didn't have the budget for. I tried a little bit of everything in DD's first few months.  Finally I came to peace with having a simple stash, and I love it so much more!

We have 24 Kawaii Heavy Duty pockets (all white...lol). These don't work for us at night though so I just ordered two Best Bottom shells with some overnight inserts.

From about 3-6 months, DD exclusively wore mama made pre-fitteds that I recycled out of her newborn prefolds. Those things were the.best.diapers.ever. I was really sad when she outgrew them, and I wished I had had them when she was newborn!

Anyone else with really simple stashes?

Re: Anyone else with a simple stash?

• Options

Me! Although not by choice Embarrassed

I'd love to be able to buy all of the pretty diapers that some bumpies on here do,  *sigh*  they're soo gorgeous! However, we had a tight budget to begin with and with me recently being laid off and with helping my mom out with the funeral.. I have zero money for cute cd's  Sad

Our "stash" consists of 3 covers and a bunch of prefolds I was able to get cheap due to stains, which luckily came off. And 3 FB I bought off a bumpie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Me.  It is also not by choice, we just don't have they money right now.  I am allowed one pretty AI2 a month.

I have 4 covers, 18 Flip inserts, and 18 prefolds (mostly cotton and 2 hemp).  Pretty boring.  Oh and I have 1 AI2 :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStellarStina26:

I am allowed one pretty AI2 a month.

I envy you.

• Options
    My stash currently consists of: 2 Fuzzibunz. That's it! lol  I just decided to start CDing so I ordered those to try and have a few other kinds coming in the mail.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    imageunknownbliss:
    imageStellarStina26:

I envy you.

FYI- Grovia is starting a special tomorrow  with 3 AI2 shells, 50 biosoakers, and some sample packets of tiny bubbles for $50.  We already love and use their snap in soakers.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Me.  We have Best Bottom shells (recently reintroduced after discovering the snap extenders) and Flip shells.  We exclusively use Best Bottom inserts.  That's it.
  • Options
    imagebugandbibs:
    imageunknownbliss:
    imageStellarStina26:

I envy you.

FYI- Grovia is starting a special tomorrow  with 3 AI2 shells, 50 biosoakers, and some sample packets of tiny bubbles for $50.  We already love and use their snap in soakers.

I seriously can't even afford that. Seriously.

I wish money weren't so tight right now, but with everything being so unfortunate all at once (budget, job loss, funeral costs, and hours cut for DH) I'm just happy we can afford to pay bills and groceries. Although it's been close some times.  - Way off topic, I know, sorry! Just need a place to vent/share, don't have anyone to talk to about it irl  :(

• Options

::raises hand::  I'm a simple stasher too. 

I have BBs but am getting those ready to sell since we've been having major leak issues and I'm going back to basics with prefolds and covers.  I actually LOVED prefolds so I'm glad to be going back but DH isn't so thrilled that I'm going back to them after I already sold our old stash of them.  [insert sheepish grin here]  Oh well!  I have some fitteds too but none of the really cute ones, just very functional ones, babykicks mostly, and a few wool covers (2 that I made)  IF money were no object, I'd probably have a couple of cute fitteds and maybe some of the beautiful/adorable wool out there, but for the most part I'm a really practical person and wouldn't be able to justify the cost of the pretty dipes to myself.  That's just me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I guess I didn't think I had a simple stash. I consider prefolds simple. We have mainly Kawaii pockets, a few BG pockets, a FB pocket, 6 BGE's, 3 Bottombumpers OS, an Sbish, and Flips. Although I think the fitteds (like GM's) are cute I cannot imagine spending $30 on a dipe that needs a cover. I draw the line there. I bought a fitted for LO#2 but it was on sale ($12) and it was on impulse. Her other fitteds are basic, 2nd hand, and under $8 ea. I've still spent a ton of money on the NB stash. Probably because I've bought a lot of AIO's since I'm afraid I'll fall off the wagon if I make things too difficult in the NB stage. 
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    Mine is pretty simple at the moment - almost totally pockets.  I have been selling off everything else.  My babies are in the same size diapers now and it makes it easier to have everything the same.  I used to love collecting diapers, but I'm over that now (now I'm into sewing them - still costs money, but I'm also learning a skill, so I figure that's better).
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    Mine is colorful but simple. I have some my mom made but most are Etsy finds, gifts or ebay diapers.

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Options

imageroundtheworldgirl:
    Mine is pretty simple at the moment - almost totally pockets.  I have been selling off everything else.  My babies are in the same size diapers now and it makes it easier to have everything the same.  I used to love collecting diapers, but I'm over that now (now I'm into sewing them - still costs money, but I'm also learning a skill, so I figure that's better).

This, almost exactly! Except I mostly use prefolds (and some me-made fitteds) at home, leaving pockets for daycare. And I only have one baby Smile

I still wouldn't call my stash "simple." It is BIG. But I definitely don't have a million different types of diapers like I used to.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    My stash is about as simple as it gets. I have mostly prefolds with some covers that are plain colors. I have 5 RaR pockets that don't really get used. I didn't even think of posting pictures of my stash, because no one wants to see just prefolds. haha
    imageimage 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"