November 2011 Moms
Options

This just sucks....

So, our 8 year old cat has been sick lately. We finally decided to do an u/s to rule things out/get a better idea of what's going on. The doctor said that it may be pancreatitis, and to do bloodwork to double check. While holding my usually non-cooperative cat for the blood draw, he bit the s*!@# out of me. Because of the swelling that my puncture wound is showing, I'm probably going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow! This is just a ridiculous situation!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This just sucks....

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your bite and I'm even more sorry to hear about your cat. I hope everything works out for the best. 

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your cat. And I hope the bite turns out fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yikes!  Definitley go to your doctor, you don't mess around with cat bites.  Why did your vet have you hold?  That doesn't seem like safe practice, I never let my clients hold their pets.

ETA: Hope your kitty feels better soon.  Pancreatitis is a sucky thing for them to go through.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    avaleiavalei member
    imagembgreenwalt:

Yikes!  Definitley go to your doctor, you don't mess around with cat bites.  Why did your vet have you hold?  That doesn't seem like safe practice, I never let my clients hold their pets.

ETA: Hope your kitty feels better soon.  Pancreatitis is a sucky thing for them to go through.

This! Definitely clean it out as best you can, and go to the doc as early as you can in the AM. Get some good antibiotics for that - especially if it's already swelling!

imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Agreed.  I am sorry that your cat is sick.  Being a "mommy" of 3 furballs, I know how loving and sweet and funny they are.  It's hard to see them sick.  As for it biting you, I'm sad to hear that, but I'm sure it was all the fear and pain it is going through.  No one is ever truly themselves when sick.  That said, I would get to the doc ASAP.  You don't want an infection to travel and affect you and LO, and animal bites are no joke. 

Best wishes in all of it and give us an update!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    So sorry about your cat. I hope everything turns out alright. I hope your bite is ok too. Hang in there.
    December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagembgreenwalt:

In answer to your question, I usually help hold him down because he is so bad and does better when I'm there. We're a "special" case at our vet because of our history (I used to work for another local vet's office years ago, so I've been taught how to hold). But I think you're right, from here on out I'm done trying to help hold him. He'll just have to deal with it in the future.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! As soon as my doctor's office opens, I'm giving them a call.

• Options
    So sorry to hear about your bite and your sweet kitty.  I hope that you are both on the mend soon!
  • Options
    Terrible situation all around. I'll keep the little kitty in my thoughts, and get that finger taken care of! 
  • Options

Please go to the dr asap!  Cat bites are nothing to sit around and wait to see how it pans out.  My mom was bitten last year and ended up in the ER, sent from her drs office, and was told to plan on staying in the hospital for a while.  She didn't end up having to stay but it was scary.

I was bit when I was in college and was in the drs office getting IV antibiotics on Christmas Eve.  My doc said that if I hadn't come in, I probably would have lost my arm. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"