Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

something to do for coworker w/ baby in NICU

A coworker just had a baby last week born with a heart problem. He's in the NICU so I'm looking for something small I can do for her and her BF. I keep thinking gift cards since they are staying close to the hospital. Should I go with food and Starbucks or can you think of other places that can be useful? I'm thinking of asking a few coworkers to go in with me so it isn't a piddly amount.

Re: something to do for coworker w/ baby in NICU

• Options
    Gift cards to Wal Mart or which ever large chain is closest to them would be helpful I'm sure. Unless you know they both drink coffee I wouldn't go with that (she may want to pump and won't need the extra caffeine) Maybe you and some coworkers could each cook some meals and freeze them so they can eat them when they have the time.
  • Options

imagemooshagirl:
    I'd do restaurant gift cards, especially ones that have good take out. They are probably so busy running back and forth to the hospital that they don't have time to cook.

This... or an American Express gift card so they can go wherever. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemooshagirl:
    I'd do restaurant gift cards, especially ones that have good take out. They are probably so busy running back and forth to the hospital that they don't have time to cook.

Restaurant cards are good but I can tell you from experience that a home cooked meal was a welcome change from having to eat out or take out for 9 days. DS was in the NICU for 9 days and we came home to sleep and shower. We ate breakfast in the car and lunch at the hospital or at a restaurant across the street and by the time we were ready to go home we were tired and really not interested in sitting in a restaurant. Only one of my friends brought us food and it was so nice to have something to heat up and sit on my couch and relax.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFashiongal1973:

imagemooshagirl:

Restaurant cards are good but I can tell you from experience that a home cooked meal was a welcome change from having to eat out or take out for 9 days. DS was in the NICU for 9 days and we came home to sleep and shower. We ate breakfast in the car and lunch at the hospital or at a restaurant across the street and by the time we were ready to go home we were tired and really not interested in sitting in a restaurant. Only one of my friends brought us food and it was so nice to have something to heat up and sit on my couch and relax.  

They aren't staying at home and I need something small I can pass onto a family member to give to her so we're going with gift cards. I wish I could do home cooked meals but I just don't think it's possible.
  • Options
    imageFashiongal1973:

imagemooshagirl:

They aren't staying at home and I need something small I can pass onto a family member to give to her so we're going with gift cards. I wish I could do home cooked meals but I just don't think it's possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"