Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Is your LO sitting up already?

LO isn't sitting up on her own yet. Just wondering whose is?

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is your LO sitting up already?

• Options
    DD started to "tripod" the day before Mother's Day. This past week she has started sitting more upright on her own. She's still a little wobbly, but can balance herself pretty well. Your LO will get there!
    Peanut BFP 9.18.2009 EDD 5.23.2010 m/c 10.16.2010
    DD#1 BFP 4.28.2010 EDD 1.10.2011 born 12.27.2010
    DS BFP 8.29.2012 EDD 5.11.2013 born sleeping @ 17 weeks 12.1.2012
    DD#2 BFP 5.7.2013 EDD 1.11.2014 born 1.10.2014
    Jelly Bean BFP 2.25.2015 EDD 11.7.2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    Not yet - my LO still hasn't even rolled over for me yet!  She's so stinkin close though.  For sitting up I'll lay her on her play mat on the floor, grab her hands and pull her up to a sitting position.  With me holding her she's still pretty wobbly but I'm hoping it helps her get the idea of sitting up.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO has been doing the tripod for a while, but out of no where last week just sat up no problem. It's so cute, he's getting better every day. Sometimes if he gets really distracted he'll topple over but even that has become less and less :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD tries really hard (I know she's still pretty young for it) but she can tripod herself for a few seconds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD can for a minute or so, a little wobbly still.  She started the tripod on  Wednesday last week and can actually sit up now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have been working on the "tripod" for a month now. This is him today at 5mo...it's getting closer to real sitting. image

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

imagemrskelly731:
    Not yet - my LO still hasn't even rolled over for me yet!  She's so stinkin close though.  For sitting up I'll lay her on her play mat on the floor, grab her hands and pull her up to a sitting position.  With me holding her she's still pretty wobbly but I'm hoping it helps her get the idea of sitting up.

this.  He will flip his hips over, but doesn't quite roll over on his own.  He's also still a bit wobbly when I hold him in a seated position.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    He tries soooo hard & is sooo close but he's not doing it on his own yet!  More like the tripod stand, lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She can sit for no more than 30 seconds if I set her up, if she tripods she can go a bit longer but she usually just folds herself in half and eats her toes.
  • Options

imageLovingBaz:
    She can sit for no more than 30 seconds if I set her up, if she tripods she can go a bit longer but she usually just folds herself in half and eats her toes.

Camille does this too.  She is perfectly content bending over and trying to eat her toes.  She is starting to tripod as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He is now, but not to the point where I would leave him without a Boppy supporting him if I wasn't right next to him. He never tripod sat really. He just went from nothing to sitting. He can sit on a blanket in the grass outside for much longer though without falling over (he was sitting in the grass playing with his toys for at least 1-2 hours this past weekend).

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    He started tripod-ing a couple weeks ago and now sits unsupported pretty well. Once in awhile he'll topple over when he gets tired.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS hasn't started to sit on his own yet. He can roll over like crazy though, so I'm hoping he starts trying to sit pretty soon.
  • Options

DD always starts to fall over to her left side - every.single.time.  I'm starting to wonder if we should be doing some exercises to strengthen that side or something. 

So no - she's not sitting up on her own yet. Huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"